Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont see any big names in the draw other than Hewitt and Srichapan.
I donno why Fed is even playing this event. I think Henman chickened out after seeing Fed in the draw.. I feel Fed should opt out of this event take rest n prepare well for Madrid. I would be thrilled if he beats Nadal at Madrid in the final..

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
I donno why Fed is even playing this event.
It is because he is going to get a big bag of money with many $100 bills in it. The bag will even have $$ signs written on it.

I'm sure he will be doing some other product endorsement work there too as he has a sizable asian fan base.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't you guys think Fed's schedule is quite insane for the rest of the year.
After Thailand open he has a break for couple of weeks and then 3 consecutive tournaments. Madrid, Basel and Paris followed by Masters cup.
He has enough race points and titles to end up as No.1 . He should just play the big tournaments this year. No point in playing smaller events.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
In a old interview Roger said that after Wimbledon's break he has enough energy to play various tournaments in the end of the year :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nadal schedule looks equally bad. He has already played over 20 events this year. He is scheduled to play 5-6 more this year. I know he is young and energetic, but it will be a bummer if he gets injured before start of new season in Jan..

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I hope both Federer and Nadal can skip one or two of those events they're playing (though not the ones they're playing in together, ha), get some rest... No injures, please!

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
wowfed said:
After Thailand open he has a break for couple of weeks and then 3 consecutive tournaments. Madrid, Basel and Paris followed by Masters cup.
He has enough race points and titles to end up as No.1 . He should just play the big tournaments this year. No point in playing smaller events.
Basel is not a small tournie for him, in fact its quite a good tournie, perhaps not all of the best show up, but its a pretty big paying tournie. I am sure Fed would be flipping after winning in front of his home crowd (if he finally does of course).

·
Registered
66 Posts
He will fly to Shanghai after the Thailand Open to attend the opening ceremony of the new stadium there. He will press a button on a remote to open the magnolia like roof.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope so. He may not want to miss Basel as its being played at home. Even if he doesn't win Madrid he should skip Paris. He is a smart cookie. He shouldn't take so many back to back events...

1sun said:
he wont play paris

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
wowfed said:
I hope so. He may not want to miss Basel as its being played at home. Even if he doesn't win Madrid he should skip Paris. He is a smart cookie. He shouldn't take so many back to back events...
he should win bangkok, play madrid, no matter what happens there he will play basel(i wouldnt be suprised if he passed on madrid), and if he doesnt pass on madrid its very likely he will pass on paris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
May be Fed wants to lock his No.1 position before the Masters cup. That will take pressure off him and he could play with nothing to loose at Masters cup. That will be a disaster to his opponents.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
wowfed said:
May be Fed wants to lock his No.1 position before the Masters cup. That will take pressure off him and he could play with nothing to loose at Masters cup. That will be a disaster to his opponents.
hes basicaly lock it up. theres 99.99% chance he will end no1 even if he doesnt play another match this year.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Looks can be deceiving.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
wowfed said:
most players will play those 3 weeks in a row... as all the tournies are good ones, plus Fed missed all these events last year when he was injured, so i dont think he'll WD from any.. he'll want to play them all

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
1sun said:
hes basicaly lock it up. theres 99.99% chance he will end no1 even if he doesnt play another match this year.
Yes but if he makes it to the BKK final he will clinch the year end #1 ranking 100%. Better safe than sorry I always say ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts