Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is of Vietnamese and Polish descent. He played collegiately for the University of Virginia. He won the NCAA Men's Singles Championship which earned him a wild card into the main draw of the 2017 US Open. He lost in the first round to Mischa Zverev in 5 sets. He has been mainly playing Futures and Challengers. However, he did qualify for the Citi Open in Washington, DC where he lost to James Duckworth in straight sets.

He is 23 years old and has reached his highest Singles ranking of #334 today. He is currently playing in the Stockton, USA CH where he defeated Lucas Miedler in 3 sets.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He defeated Song in straight sets, however, he was then defeated by Blaz Rola in straights set.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is playing in the Charlottesville CH where he got a retire from Lloyd Glasspool.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He then defeated Michael Mmoh in 3 sets. This has been a good CH for him, but I'm afraid the 3 setters might catch up with him :unsure:

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right on cue he was defeated by Peter Polansky in straight sets. Still this was a really good CH for him.

·
Registered
738 Posts
A good start in Houston with a 76(6) 46 64 win over Krueger in R1 on a dark, cold, and windy day. Temps were around 40 degrees Fahrenheit by the end of the match.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I‘m no authority here yet I still dare to question a thread about a 23-year old guy who is still outside the top-300... imagine we did this for every player...

Oh and I’m sure there are more stupid units of measurement than Fahrenheit I just can’t think of one right now.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I‘m no authority here yet I still dare to question a thread about a 23-year old guy who is still outside the top-300... imagine we did this for every player...

Oh and I’m sure there are more stupid units of measurement than Fahrenheit I just can’t think of one right now.

I'm assuming you missed the fact that this is a Player thread and not something in the General discussion area. There is a Player thread on MTF for nearly every player in the world to discuss each individual player in depth. I'm not sure how you stumbled across this one. For what it's worth, I think Fahrenheit is stupid too, but this MOST definitely the correct place to talk about all things Kwiatkowski.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I'm assuming you missed the fact that this is a Player thread and not something in the General discussion area. There is a Player thread on MTF for nearly every player in the world to discuss each individual player in depth. I'm not sure how you stumbled across this one. For what it's worth, I think Fahrenheit is stupid too, but this MOST definitely the correct place to talk about all things Kwiatkowski.
Yeah my bad I didn’t know that there was an extra section for that. However this doesn’t change my opinion that a thread for every other challenger and future mug seems rather pointless since most of them don’t create any sort of discussion... but I guess it’s fine as long as it doesn’t flood the forum

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's nice to have a discussion in the player's thread. Sadly these areas don't get much use these days :sad: When I started at MTF people loved these areas because they could post about any players that they liked without all the negativity that can go on in GM.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He defeated Lorenzi in straight sets, however, he was defeated by Roy Smith in 3 sets.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I lost track of him, but found him in 2019 playing in a CH in Vietnam. He defeated Viktor Durasovic in straight sets, followed by Tsung-Hua Yang in straight sets, and next will play Matteo Viola.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I lost track of him again, but found him playing a CH in Sophia Antipolis, France. He defeated Scott Griekspoor in 3 Sets.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I lost track again, but next found him in a CH in Sarasota. He was defeated by Santiago Giraldo in 3 sets.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts