Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll be there on Monday and Tuesday, God willing. I hope the weekend won't be the disaster they are predicting.

Please let me know if there are certain players you'd like pictures of -as long as they're not on during Ana or Novak's first match- and I'll be more than happy to take pictures.

No Ashe on Monday. Will be on Ashe Tuesday for the day session.
Cheers!

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Re: Tennislover23 At USO Days 1 and 2: Pics and MR (Requests being taken)

Farah, Bubka and Ilhan please.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

F. Lopez, Mannarino and Pospisil please :)

·
Registered
4,073 Posts

All young players

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts

Harrison or Tomic please

·
Registered
13,526 Posts

Gulbis. :)

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

Simon and Flo Mayer

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Tentative OOP is out for Monday, pending damages from Irene. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of the requests for day one :)

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

Gaelou :)

·
Registered
14,668 Posts

Gasquet

·
Registered
19,315 Posts

Every picture of any player is welcomed

Thank you for your effort

:wavey:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

No problem!

Revised OOP is out for tomorrow. Still taking requests until 4 a.m.

Cheers:hug:

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts

I'm also there Monday and Tuesday and will be taking some pics.

Definitely going to Harrison-Cilic tomorrow at 11am and Monfils-Dimitrov later in the day. And also Dancevic-Ilhan and Pospisil-Rosol as long as they are on Tuesday.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

As said above, any pics will be great, maybe also some pics of the crowds and courts that you go to. Love seeing the surroundings of where all the drama of Tennis takes place, it often gets ignored!

In terms of players.. any of the qualifiers if possible. Have fun!

·
Registered
59,339 Posts

Anyone in my "level 1" of my sig

·
Registered
1,628 Posts

How do you decide which sessions to go to?? I'm going to a grand slam for the first time and had a hard time deciding when to go. If you go early on, better chance to catch practice sessions and see a variety of players. Go later on (semi final/final) you see the more prestgious matches.

I decided to get tickets for super saturday so I basically only get to see the 4 players playing that day most likely.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

How do you decide which sessions to go to?? I'm going to a grand slam for the first time and had a hard time deciding when to go. If you go early on, better chance to catch practice sessions and see a variety of players. Go later on (semi final/final) you see the more prestgious matches.

I decided to get tickets for super saturday so I basically only get to see the 4 players playing that day most likely.
The first time I went to the US Open, in 2008, I went on the first Saturday. I thought for sure I'd be able to see my favorites play. Well, Ana lost in the third round, two days before I got there :sad:

Now, I always go Days one and two. That way, I get to see my favorites regardless of their level of play for the moment.

I would advise going early in the tournament, depending on what the purpose of going is. I always want to see as many players as I can, as fast as I can.

If you want to see higher quality matches, then the second week is right for you!

Regarding sessions: it is my opinion that day sessions are WAY better. As I said, you get to see MUCH more tennis. If you hold night session tix, should there be a delay with the day session on Ashe, you can't get in until those matches are done.

I think the best way to do it is, to get Day session Ashe tix, that way, you have access to Ashe and the grounds. When you buy just grounds, you can't get on Ashe.

I hope this all makes sense:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts

The first couple of days are my favorites - there is so much going on and you can jump from place to place so easily and catch a lot of tennis. Most fans are not too knowledgeable so they tend to flood matches with well known guys or Americans - as a result, its usually pretty easy to get up close to up and coming players and good matches.

Labor Day weekend is a disaster. There are so many people around that waits to get into a court can be so long. Concession stands are swamped - I personally dont like it, and there are fewer matches going on on the other courts so you have to plan better.

Day sessions are better - you can get 10+ hours of tennis, and if matches go late on any court other than Ashe you can stay and watch. Personally I think the best court to see a match at USTA is the Grandstand and there is usually play there past 7pm. Ashe night session tickets are primarily for people who need to work during the day and can only show up at 7pm, at least during the first week.

If you can get tickets to Super Saturday, by all means do it!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts