Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to favoring videos over written articles, it seems like the site did away with allowing comments. Am I missing something or is this actually the case?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Most websites have done away with comments due to the section sometimes descending into a racist and misogynistic cesspool but I think it’s harmed the online experience.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
I was a poster on tennis.com for 8 years, and it was the most interesting place to post on tennis of them all, in its hay day.

Some threads had over 1,000 comments. Tennis.com didn't give a shit, they locked us out without warning, maybe 2,000 posters? and let FB take over the forum. It went dead at that point, and then I guess they thought why bother?

Tennis.com merged with Tennis Channel and its complexion changed entirely at that point--for the worse.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Good decision, imo,computer warriors tend to carry away. Hatred speech is often misinterprered as freedom of speech.

Personally I regret opening MTF acc, being involved in fan wars was not my goal. You can't aviod it here all the time.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Good decision, imo,computer warriors tend to carry away. Hatred speech is often misinterprered as freedom of speech.

Personally I regret opening MTF acc, being involved in fan wars was not my goal. You can't aviod it here all the time.
I saw the comments on tennis.com, after the switch to FB too, and they were not hatred comments, not "hate speech" they were just the usual fan wars, and actually less hatred there than here or on other tennis forums.

Half the comments were bots making cheesy pitches! The place went dead. That's why they killed it.
Only worth keeping comments if you get alot of extra clicks from them.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I saw the comments on tennis.com, after the switch to FB too, and they were not hatred comments, not "hate speech" they were just the usual fan wars, and actually less hatred there than here or on other tennis forums.

Half the comments were bots making cheesy pitches! The place went dead. That's why they killed it.
Only worth keeping comments if you get alot of extra clicks from them.
Times have changed, I used to post on tennis.com too..

At this point there is no place at net (MTF inc) to read quality discussions about the game and it's players imo Biased/vain for whatever reason moderation, playground to various posters who seem have no life behind keyboard, numerous chat sections..
Player forums are dead..

Well self-ban can solve the issue:grin2::wink2:

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Times have changed, I used to post on tennis.com too..

At this point there is no place at net (MTF inc) to read quality discussions about the game and it's players imo Biased/vain for whatever reason moderation, playground to various posters who seem have no life behind keyboard, numerous chat sections..
Player forums are dead..

Well self-ban can solve the issue:grin2::wink2:
Yes, the forums have changed alot
tennis.com changed so much while I was there--there were alot of creeps and mud slinging but also a lot of highly intelligent, funny posters, I had so many wonderful exchanges on that site, with members of all fan bases
There were so many posters I hated there with a passion! It was enlivening. And I had a few stalkers myself.
I never thought I would feel nostalgic for it--I hated it while on it! LOL such is life
But then the next site, was even worse. Don't ask what happened to me there. Run totally by Federistas ...
So now I'm here, the my final resting place of tennis posting. I know I am completely addicted to this and will keep posting in whatever is left in this devastated landscape.
But ain't it true of the world in general? All gone to shite

·
Registered
421 Posts
Most websites have done away with comments due to the section sometimes descending into a racist and misogynistic cesspool but I think it’s harmed the online experience.
Good decision, imo,computer warriors tend to carry away. Hatred speech is often misinterprered as freedom of speech..
So then it would seem that "racism" and "misogynism", whatever loose definition you come up with for those, are truly part of human nature. It's just that on an anonymous forum people show their true personality, while in real life (or when you use your fb account), the same people keep their mouth shut in fear of losing their jobs. So then, how do we deal with this less than perfect human nature? We try to mute people. Nice...

tennisdotcom was indeed a place were the vast majority of people were behaving very well. I was also there but stopped when they switched to fb as I don't have a fb account.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts