Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't remember the last time i say a wimby final that edgy and close...nadal was great putting pressure and playing to federer's backhand, but federer showed coolness and great return on tie breaks and started rolling in the 5th!

it was such an edgy match it felt like it a roller coster ride...

roll on the US Open...I know non-federer and nadal fans might not enjoy this but i'd like to see them in the Arthur Ashe stadium on sept 9th!

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope both federer and nadal have a great hardcourt season...

the problem is nadal's game is soo physical I know he's young and well built but I'm worried about the wearing out of his body...he plays delicate tennis when he wants but not enough to give his body a rest...that's why he slows down in the second part of the season...i.e. the hardcourts, 'cause he punishes his body so much in the first half...

but i have a feeling the change he made to his game will give him a good hardcourts season!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I disagree. Tennis was the loser this tournament as 2 of the last 8 pulled out, 3 of the last 4 were injured and exhausted and the winner didn't play a against a fit and rested opponent since the 4th round. Bit of a disaster, really.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.rain delays, dumb ass scheduling aside...I watched the match in the pub with my dad and mates...and belive me 99% of the people in their were not tennis fans...they were oooing and owwinng at ever point...and the barman was like,, 'shit i didn't know tennis was this intense'...it was great, it felt like a world cup penality shoot out...

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
.rain delays, dumb ass scheduling aside...I watched the match in the pub with my dad and mates...and belive me 99% of the people in their were not tennis fans...they were oooing and owwinng at ever point...and the barman was like,, 'shit i didn't know tennis was this intense'...it was great, it felt like a world cup penality shoot out...
That was very intense especially at 15-40 in games 1&3 and game 7 when Roger got to deuce.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
2001 ??

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Absolutely. Five set final between the two best players of the world on the biggest stage, this was something else.

·
Registered
454 Posts
One set last year, two sets this year, three sets next year and Rafa will win Wimbledon. Great match all around. I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. It just came down to Roger winning the points that mattered the most, but I think everyone can agree it could have gone either way quite easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts