Mens Tennis Forums banner

What do you think of ATP's list?

• This is a perfect list and I agree with all choices.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This list is bad and I don't agree with most choices

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the ATP's opinion on each year from 2010-2019 . They have decided the top 9 matches are as follows. Remember these are three sets only and this is coming from ATP itself....

2010. Nadal v. Murray WTF
2011 Murray vs. Djokovic Rome SF
2012 Murray vs. Djokovic Shanghai Final
2013 Del Potro vs. Djokovic Shanghai Final
2014 Murray vs. Robredo Valencia Final
2015 Federer vs. Kyrgios Madrid R2
2016 Murray vs. Raonic WTF SF
2017 Kyrgios vs. Federer Miami SF
2018 Federer vs. Djokovic Paris SF
2019 Djokovic vs. Thiem ATP Finals (WTF group stage)

What do you think about this list.

·
Your visions will happen
48,592 Posts
Great joke ATP!

Doha 2017 F
IW 2011 F
Miami 2011 F
Canada 2013 SF

Off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Not a bad list. In 2018, I think the Indian Wells final between Del Potro and Federer was a better match than the Paris one. Other than that. I don't have a strong opinion - in part because I don't remember all the matches!

·
The special one
14,382 Posts
All good matches. Bar Fed/Kyrgios in 2015 I watched all these matches live.

Honourable mentions to

Nadal/Djokovic - They played 4 Finals in a row in 2011 (IW, Miami, Madrid, Rome) surprised one of them wasn't voted as match of 2011 tbh. The Rome match especially was a high quality match with some great rallies, was amazed by how well Djokovic played after his long SF with Murray the day before but came out and played even better in the final.

Murray/Raonic - Queens 2016
Djokovic/ Nishikori - Rome 2016

Just off the top of my head, can probably think of some more though.

·
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ATP had to include Murray ....

·
Registered
16,349 Posts
Fed/Kyrgios 2015 Madrid?

LMAO

Was there really nothing better that year?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
A pretty good list overall, there were other matches that should have been mentioned but each of these matches were one of the best matches in that year(not counting majors).

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,561 Posts
Yes
Fed/Kyrgios 2015 Madrid?

LMAO

Was there really nothing better that year?
I remember this one. Dramatic from a scoreline perspective going deep tiebreaks but the quality wasn't dazzling. I felt the deadlock match between Kei and Milos in the Brisbane SF had the quality to go with the tightness of scoreline. Milos served at 72% hitting 35 aces while Kei was super clean off the ground hitting accurate with minor errors. Federer was fortunate Milos served just above par in the final (still a great match, better than the Madrid Kyrgios one). The Miami 2017 match is a different story of course, I enjoyed it.

Another one I liked was Federer vs Nishikori WTF RR that year, that felt more high stakes than Madrid vs Kyrgios and had a lot of momentum switches. Federer would lose early leads in each set largely because of good play by Kei. Kei's serving let him down at crucial stages (literally outlasted by Federer) but he gave a very good match, could have gone the other way with just one or two pts.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,561 Posts
2018 I can understand but they left out Haase RBA Auckland epic final which had all sorts of fun.

2019 might be one of the peak years for three setters.

I cannot disagree with the winner there but we had many fun 3 set tussles across the board. Nadal and Kyrgios Acapulco still my favourite. Even the Evans vs Albot was fun.

Special mention in 2017 to Simon def Monfils Madrid, 0-6 6-0 7-6(0)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts