Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
They want the tournaments to be played regardless of epidemic and related deaths.

This irresponsible decision is aimed to save Nadal season from total and utter failure.

Should clay tournaments be cancelled, Nadal season would be basically over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They want the tournaments to be played regardless of epidemic and related deaths.

This irresponsible decision is aimed to save Nadal season from total and utter failure.

US open and Canada are not on clay. Wimbledon if they keep roof open is a certainty for Nadal with Federer unlikely to be a force.

It is the funniest thing seeing Federer and Djokovic fans wanting tennis cancelled. If ever there was proof of Federer and Djokovic fans not being real tennis fans, the past few days has been enlightening.

·
|
15,622 Posts

Well, the only way you make Rafa's season a failure is if you ban EVERY event on the entire tour, as he's the most consistent player in the world :)

·
|
15,622 Posts
The banning of Indian Wells had no impact on Rafa, because I don't think he was planning on playing Miami.....so now that he will play Miami and he'll end up playing the same amount of tennis as if he'd played Indian Wells.

·
Banned
5,792 Posts
1639 known cases and 35 dead in Spain at 20:23 CET up from 1204 and 28 this morning. Looks like we're gonna be the next Italy.

·
Registered
90 Posts

I agree...Nadal never gets past the 1st round off clay anyway...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
How
Good. But will this plan stand the test of time?
It won't most likely. Waay premature statement as things are going on in spain . No one except a few players woul fly there , heck , they may quarentine the whole population like italy .

Here it seems to not quite grasp the situation in europe , especially those countries which hold the important events on clay and take the players willingness to play there for granted . Its FAR from being even a consideration is my thinking .

·
justice for all
17,627 Posts
How

It won't most likely. Waay premature statement as things are going on in spain . No one except a few players woul fly there , heck , they may quarentine the whole population like italy .

Here it seems to not quite grasp the situation in europe , especially those countries which hold the important events on clay and take the players willingness to play there for granted . Its FAR from being even a consideration is my thinking .
Yeah, I think travelling might be a big issue for the players from other countries when the majority of flights get cancelled. They already did that in Italy, other European countries will follow in 2-3 weeks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts