• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2019 Tennis Tipping Manager of the Year

This poll is to determine who was the best manager in 2019.
The TT Board nominated eight managers for this award. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe should win.

Note: Only TT players are allowed to vote in these polls and they will be open until Friday, December 27th.

Here are the nominees in alphabetical order:

1) alejan_milos (8)
250: (5) Pune, Cordoba, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Kitzbuhel
CH: (3) Anning CH, Gatineau CH, Vancouver CH

2) a1canada (14)
GS: (2) Australian Open S & D
1000: (5) Miami S & D, Madrid, Shanghai, Paris
250: (2) Estoril, Lyon
CH: (3) Dallas, Szczecin, Kaohsiung
Finals: (2) TT Challenger Finals, ATP World Tour Finals

3) BMT360 (13)
GS: (1) US Open S
1000: (1) *Winston-Salem (64 draw 250)
500: (2) Tokyo, Vienna
250: (5) Brisbane, Sydney, New York , Zhuhai, Stockholm
CH: (4) Little Rock CH, Cary CH, Shenzhen CH, Montevideo CH

4) dinkulpus (9)
1000: (1) Monte Carlo
500: (1) Rio de Janiero
250: (2) Munich, Stuttgart
CH: (5) Orlando CH, Columbus CH, Marbella CH, Lisbon CH, Ilkley CH

5) nachotuerto (7)
1000: (1) Cincinnati
250: (3) Delray Beach, Houston, Atlanta
CH: (3) Punta Del Este CH, Drummondville CH, Winnipeg CH

6) Normand (13)
GS: (2) Roland Garros S & D
1000: (1) Rome
500: (1) Queen's
250: (3) Montpellier, Bastad, Antwerp
CH: (6) Rennes CH, Bordeaux CH, Nottingham CH, Braunschweig CH, Brest CH, Maia CH

7) Snowwy (9)
CH: (9) Canberra CH, Launceston CH, Indian Wells CH, Taipei CH, Busan CH, Genova CH, Shanghai CH, Fairfield CH, Houston CH

8) Vocelov (18)
GS: (2) Wimbledon S & D
500: (2) Dubai, Basel
250: (6) Marrakesh, Geneva, s-Hertogenbosch, St. Petersburg, Chengdu, Moscow
CH: (8) Quimper CH, Bergamo CH, St Brieuc CH, Sophia Antipolis CH, Aix-en-Province CH, Poznan CH, Bratislava CH, Bari CH

Previous Winners - Manager of the Year

2006 - keqtqiadv
2007 - adee-gee
2008 - FiBeR
2009 - Boarder35m
2010 - Boarder35m
2011 - dinkulpus
2012 - AdeyC
2013 - AdeyC
2014 - bry17may
2015 - bry17may
2016 – Randy
2017 – rus59
2018 – a1canada

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
@a1canada will likely win and he deserves it. I gave my vote to @Vocelov. I think she/he did a steady and constant good job througout all the year, and she/he deserves some recognition too.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
@a1canada deserves this award for Miami alone

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
A1canada

Vocelov a very worthy winner as well as Normand and Snowwy so i have voted for them elsewhere but got to give this one to Wes.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For me this is a 4 way tie , @Vocelov @BMT360 @Normand all took on a great amount of events, plus each a time consuming GS.

Management was the best overall since I began playing , very happy with the group of managers we have now, each are extremely dependable, and never any need to avoid events because of who is managing, like I would have in the past.

We do have some need for more managers, as it's to much to ask for the same ones to take on so much each year, but I'm confident we will have more step up as others step down, as has long been the case.

·
Registered
862 Posts
All the managers do a hell of a job in sometimes very difficult circumstances. So deep respect for their work, time, patience and self control to organise iT all. Vocelov is getting my voice this time because of the 18 tournaments but you are all TT heroes, managers !!!!

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Thanks to everyone who was nominated - you are all winners.
My vote goes to Vocelov as he combines quality and quantity so greatly, and somehow he was not nominated for Rookie last or this year.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Everyone here deserves an award for keeping the game going.

But a1canada wins for this year. Its not just the frequency of the management - its the enthusiasm while doing it that really puts him over the top. I could never combine the two like he has!

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Certainly winning this award was not expected again this year until the voting started , some outstanding efforts from @BMT360 @Vocelov @Normand @Snowwy @nachotuerto @PetecoKraus @alejan_milos @dinkulpus

In my view 2019 had the best managing in a long time, no one really had to do some of the crazy number of events like in the past years, you can see from ask the board thread, there are far fewer manager mistakes then ever before, answers on issues do not take forever like when I began playing , help is more readily available , and there is better information to go off of when managing.

Bring on 2020 season !

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has voted for me guys, I really appreciate it and I am glad I've been able to provide you with pleasant tournaments to play in.

Congrats to @a1canada, I of course voted for him as there is noone with the same level of passion and commitment for the game as him, the most deserved winner of all players!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts