Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2018 DeccyB123 Contribution to TT Award

Dedicated to DeccyB123 who brought Tennis Tipping to MTF at the Australian Open in January 2006 and without whom we would not be playing this game today.

The Contribution to TT Award is presented to the person who, throughout the year, has dedicated their time to making Tennis Tipping the game that it is today. It goes to the person who has gone above the call of duty and devoted themselves to Tennis Tipping above the level that is expected and required. There are many people eligible for this award, so the TT Board decided to make an open poll (any player can be voted). Please post the person you think should win it with reasons why. The Poll will be open for 21 days.

**Note that this is a new award and differs from the Sportsmanship Award as that is intended for the way in which people play the game rather than the efforts made in maintaining the game.

Previous Winners - DeccyB123 Contribution to TT Award

2006 - not selected
2007 - not selected
2008 - not selected
2009 - Taz Warrior
2010 - -Evita-
2011 - sfar
2012 - AdeyC
2013 - keqtqiadv
2014 - valac222
2015 - Taz Warrior
2016 - Taz Warrior
2017 - Taz Warrior
2018 - ibreak4coffee

·
Administrator
10,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously I feel the board did a great job with only three members, but voting Taz Warrior. No rankings, no game and he's been consistent with it for an insane amount of time.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Taz Warrior for me

·
Premium Member
9,630 Posts
I suggested the board change the name of this award to Taz Warrior contribution to TT Award , so that about sums it up !

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
My vote is for a1canada, not only is the best manager also joined to board

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
a1canada.
Brings more entertainment to each tourney he runs; facilitates rookie managers' lives; always near when one's in need for him and more.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Gav continues to do so much work to keep the game going and should be recognized every year.

I do want however to mention @BMT360 for this award - he's stepped into a huge leadership void at the top of the game and has it running like a well oiled machine.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
a1canada for bringing more managers, more players, more fun and more ideas to the game for the last few years.
BMT360 could deserve it too for leading the board this season. Actually everyone in the board did a great job.
And Taz Warrior could win this one each year. Thank you !

·
Premium Member
9,630 Posts
a1canada for bringing more managers, more players, more fun and more ideas to the game for the last few years.
I appreciate acknowledging this, some mistakenly thought UTT was my interest to subtract from TT where actually it was created with the thought of growing TT stronger and better. There are both some players and managers that were introduced to the game first thru UTT then tried TT .

It’s just easier for me to promote UTT without going thru a bunch of people to approve my ideas , then naturally some will flow to TT after understanding the game.

Creating new regular players is very difficult, just as it’s very difficult to add dependable managers.

·
Premium Member
9,630 Posts
This award is such a honor and a very short list of players who have done so much for the game !

We all know we couldn't have gotten to this point without @Taz Warrior

This year @BMT360 has stepped up into a major role and would be very deserving also, it is such a different feel after so many years of an inactive board having Justin so available at all times, I hope this will help Tennis Tipping flourish for years to come.

I think we are very dedicated to moving forward, with the password issue of 2016 and the site changes this year, TT needs an influx of new players , a lot of effort will be focused on that this season, after shoring up all the work at seasons end with awards and atp cup.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts