Challenger of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2019 Tennis Tipping Challenger Of the Year

Which Challenger tournament was the best in your opinion?

The TT Board nominated nine tournaments for this award. Specific criteria in picking the nominees include: front pages updated, diffs mostly on time, high-quality, player engagement, and manager's ability to notify the players when something is being done, as well as organization. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe this tournament should win.

Note: Only TT players are allowed to vote in these polls and they will be open until the 27th.

Here are the nominees :

Indian Wells CH* (Manager: Snowwy)

Phoenix CH* (Manager: NDee)

Monterrey CH* (Manager: Petecokraus )

Aix-en-Province CH* (Manager: Vocelov)

Braunschweig CH* (Manager: Normand)

Vancouver CH* (Manager: alejan_milos)

Little Rock CH (Manager: BMT360)

Orleans CH* ([email protected])

Dallas (Manager: a1canada)

Previous Winners - Challenger Tournament of the Year

2006 - not selected
2007 - not selected
2008 - Prostejov (Zirconek)
2009 - Buenos Aires (Mago#01)
2010 - Dallas (ibreak4coffee), Cherbourg (Boarder35m) & Kosice (Nathaliia)
2011 - Helsinki (AdeyC)
2012 - Helsinki (AdeyC) & Braunchsweig (Boarder35m)
2013 - Mons (AdeyC) & Noumea (CoolyBri)
2014 - Bratislava (valac222)
2015 - Bordeaux (valac222)
2016 - Aix en Province & Kaohsiung (Kellemanske & Walsall)
2017 - Dallas (a1canada)

2018 - Montevideo (nachotuerto)

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Indian Wells

Reactions: Snowwy

·
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All great managers, and these events were all run perfectly, I voted Snowwy because of running 9 challengers, from start to end of season , excellent help to the game and newer players.

I enjoy challengers myself, as newer players are often more engaged.

If I was to base on individual effort, Pheonix / Monterrey and Dallas are all what I'd like to see to make events more interesting for newer players.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Oh, Phoenix was my first step in managing TT. Start days at the actual event were quite messy because of rain delays, so I needed to compensate it somehow. As I see from replies in the event's TT thread - I succeeded :D

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
Oh, Phoenix was my first step in managing TT. Start days at the actual event were quite messy because of rain delays, so I needed to compensate it somehow. As I see from replies in the event's TT thread - I succeeded :D
It’s very impressive that your first management is a candidate. My first would have been a candidate for the worst challenger of the year. :p

·
Administrator
11,180 Posts
I voted for Snowwy's IW Challenger. Easy choice considering how many challengers managed...

·
10,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations @Snowwy and a big thank you for being such a big support system for Challengers and challenger players, I know we both feel it's a vital part of Tennis Tipping, an exciting new season and point structure ahead for 2020!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts