Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis Tipping Awards 2018 - Yemok & Biliana Sportmanship Award (WINNER: a1canada)

The 2018 'Yemok & Biliana' Sportsmanship Award

Dedicated to the loving memory of Emil and Biliana who were 2 of the nicest players in Tennis Tipping and would both have undoubtedly been future winners of this award had tragedy not taken them from us. :sad: :hug:

The Sportsmanship Award is presented to the player who, throughout the year, conducted himself or herself at the highest level of professionalism and integrity, who competed with his or her fellow players with the utmost spirit of fairness, and who promoted the game through his or her off-court activities. There are many people eligible for this award, so the TT Board decided to make an open poll (any player can be voted). Please post the player you think should win it.

Previous Winners - yemok & biliana Sportsmanship Award

2006 - Taz Warrior
2007 - Labamba
2008 - Zirconek
2009 - -Evita-
2010 - Snowwy
2011 - keqtqiadv
2012 - 'Managers', dinkulpus & volc0mizado
2013 - savesthedizzle
2014 - Litotes
2015 - bavaria100
2016 - Litotes
2017 - a1canada

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
A1canada. Somebody ring the bell before this gets ugly

·
28,451 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping Awards 2018 - Yemok & Biliana Sportmanship Award

a1canada

As far as I could tell, there was no exhibition played in their honour this year. I was thinking of bringing back the Yemok/Biliana exhibition in 2019, would anyone object? Not many posters or players remember these posters anymore.

·
Administrator
10,755 Posts

Obviously a1canada will win, so I'm going to give a sympathy vote for another player who's got admirable sportsmanship...

Mae

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

Mae - so kind in defeat and equally in victory!

·
9,928 Posts

BMT360

Promotes the game thru his off court activities certainly.

I will expect @PortlandTimbers vote though, as he only sent to me his opponent 1 event, and I convinced the manager to accept :wink2:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
a1canada. Always there if you need him.

Also agree with those who choose Mae, great human being

·
9,928 Posts

a1canada

As far as I could tell, there was no exhibition played in their honour this year. I was thinking of bringing back the Yemok/Biliana exhibition in 2019, would anyone object? Not many posters or players remember these posters anymore.
I have read their story, but before many of our time, not all you oldies of course :wink2:

I think we could now bring back many exhibition events, as managers are not so hard to find at the moment , but would be best to mention in Managers thread , or PM coffee.

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I have read their story, but before many of our time, not all you oldies of course :wink2:

I think we could now bring back many exhibition events, as managers are not so hard to find at the moment , but would be best to mention in Managers thread , or PM coffee.
Never declare victory that we are good on managers :)

The competition fell to the side I guess because we've literally created a whole new exhibition circuit plus most of the active old guard are gone. I always loved the idea of it, even if I never played it - it should come back.

My view on exhibitions is always the same - anyone who wants to run an exhibition should run one. If it creates more interest and fun in the game, great. If it doesnt, nothing was lost. But philosophically it would be counterproductive for the Board to oppose it. I can't speak for the new board and the members who will be running TT next year, but I doubt I'm alone in this.

Its literally the perfect exhibition to run during the final Hopman Cup too :)

·
Registered
5,456 Posts

a1canada

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts

a1canada

As long time Team Biliana captain, and former recipient of this award, I support this. I'll even make a second comeback to play since I forgot about the one I tried to make at the end of this year....

This event will always be a really special one to me. I wasn't particularly close to them, but I was managing the event they were committed to when the tragedy occurred (pretty sure it was Delray Beach) and I remember realizing their picks were missing, thinking it was odd and unlike them, wondering why, hoping they were okay and then learning the worst had happened.

If it's done as a battle of the sexes, recruiting female players was always a drag, and I think in more recent years it wasn't split that way any more? I know about 5 current TT players, so I would make an awful captain now, but count me in to play :)

Oh, and I vote for a1canada also.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts