• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
10,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2018 Tennis Tipping ATP 250/500 Tournament Of the Year

Which ATP 250/500 tournament was the best in your opinion?

The TT Board nominated seven tournaments for this award. Specific criteria in picking the nominees include: front pages updated, diffs mostly on time, high-quality, player engagement, and manager's ability to notify the players when something is being done, as well as organization. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe this tournament should win.

Note: Only TT players are allowed to vote in these polls and they will be open for three weeks.

Here are the nominees in alphabetical order:

Barcelona (Manager: rus59)

Doha (Manager: Normand)

Rio de Janeiro (Manager: a1canada)

Rotterdam (Manager: rus59)

Sao Paulo (Manager: Hidalgo)

Washington D.C. (Manager: ibreak4coffee)

Winston Salem (Manager: BMT360)

Previous Winners - ATP 250/500 Tournament of the Year

2006 - Kitzbuhel (tiptopdaisy)
2007 - not selected
2008 - Vina Del Mar (FiBeR)
2009 - Hamburg (keqtqiadv)
2010 - Bucharest (scoobs)
2011 - Dubai (scoobs)
2012 - Barcelona (Boarder35m)
2013 - Hamburg (AdeyC) & Halle (ESimp)
2014 - Halle (Litotes)
2015 - Marseille (Litotes)
2016 - Acapulco & Queens & Chengdu
2017 - Rio de Janeiro (Hidalgo)

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping Awards 2018 - ATP250/500 Tournament of the Year

a1canada events are always organized in the best possible way

·
9,928 Posts

The South American (GOLDEN) swing was a lot of fun, and I look forward to seeing @nachotuerto @PetecoKraus take over here , I managed Quito/RIO/Acapulco , they were great quality TT events, half South American TT players, @Rumpas laughing at my Portuguese translations & that brazil and Argentina don't speak the same , oops :surprise:

I think these events will have a lot of conversation with local managers :grin2:

·
9,928 Posts

Wanted to review closer before voting in this section.

I decided to vote other here and a deserving vote for a manager not on our list.

Kellemanske with Marrakech (and Delray Beach , out of time zone , to help out) , management is always top notch, informative ,friendly and attentive. (Similar style to BMT360)

Also I think it's worth mentioning the best Quality events by Keqdqiadv/Kellemanske/ibreak4coffee/BMT360/nachotuerto/Normand/rus59 are all managers that managed between 6-9 events, not managing to much and keeping the Quality high, certainly a great plan going forward in 2019!!

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts

I'm not going to win anything but managing Washington DC with the rain delays this year was the toughest of my managing career :)

·
Registered
958 Posts

I'm not going to win anything but managing Washington DC with the rain delays this year was the toughest of my managing career :)
You did an amazing job with that. I voted for you because of that (and, well, because I think it was the only 500 I played in and because it's my home tourney).

·
9,928 Posts
Nice award to win, all great managers on this list, RIO will win this award 2 years in a row, after @Hidalgo last year for his combo with QUIZ , same as Challenger last year where DALLAS won 2 years running with rus59 then myself.

Next year this will be an impossible choice, with all the skilled new managers, and I expect I will not run any 250/500

1 - 12 of 12 Posts