Mens Tennis Forums banner

The 2011 Tennis Tipping Manager of the Year is:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
34,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2011 Tennis Tipping Manager of the Year

This poll is to determine who was the best TT manager in 2011.
The poll can only have 10 options, so we (Boarder35m, Gavnich77, Labamba, Marto & I) had to nominate nine managers for this award. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe this manager should win.

Note: Only TT players are allowed to vote in these polls and they will be open for 10 days

Here are the nominees in alphabetical order:

1 abollo (13 tournaments: Wimbledon Mixed Exho, Halle, Reunion Island, Meknes, Casablanca Ch, Marrakech, Zagreb Ch, Alessandria, Guadalajara, Winnetka, Tampere, Binghamton, Krashi)

2 Boarder35m (22 tournaments: Wimbledon D, US Open S, Montreal, Sydney, Zagreb, Marseille, Casablanca, Nice, Queen's, Umag, Metz, Stockholm, Vienna, Hamburg, Valencia, Cherbourg, Le Gosier, Furth, Scheveningen, Szczecin, Aguascalientes, Ortisei)

3 CoolyBri (7 tournaments: Delray Beach, Munich, 's-Hertogenbosch, Noumea, Oberstaufen, Tulsa, Buenos Aires Ch)

4 Goldenoldie (28 tournaments: Indian Wells D, Auckland, Eastbourne, Gstaad, Kitzbuhel, Bucharest, Beijing, Basel, GBR #2 Future, Kazan, Quimper, Salinas, Guangzhou, St Brieuc, Athens, Ostrava, Rome 2 Ch, Cremona, Prostejov, Kosice, Turin, Orbetello, Manerbio, Como, Banja Luka, Napoli 2, Rennes, Orleans)

5 keqtqiadv (12 tournaments: Australian Open D, Davis Cup I/II/III/IV, Bastad, Kuala Lumpur, Rotterdam, Johannesburg Ch, Busan Ch, Poznan Ch, Seoul Ch)

6 l_mac (7 tournaments: Indian Wells S, Monte-Carlo, Newport, Stuttgart, Memphis, Washington, Sarasota)

7 Marto (22 tournaments: Roland Garros D, Wimbledon S, US Open D, Genius1787 Cup, Sao Paulo Ch Finals, San Jose, Estoril, Winston-Salem, Bangkok, Tokyo, Rome 1 Ch, Santos, Fergana, Rijeka, Braunschweig, Bogota, Seville, Alphen, Palermo, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Medellin, Guayaquil)

8 orangehat (8 tournaments: Brisbane, Barcelona, Singapore, Monza, Milan, Sacramento, Charlottesville, Champaign)

9 scoobs (16 tournaments: WTF London, Rome, Shnahgai, Chennai, Johnannesburg, Moscow, St Petersburg, Dubai, Barletta, Napoli 1, Prague, Nottingham 1, St Remy, Madrid Ch, Eckental, Bratislava)

10) Others
Here are a few managers who we felt were close but unfortunately could not include in the poll:

Belludal (6 tournaments: WTC, Barranquilla, Recife, Savannah, Bordeaux, Cordoba)

Eddy DoubleD (6 tournaments: Bergamo, Wolfsburg, Sopot, Astana 1, San Sebastian, Astana 2)

Gavnich77 (2 tournaments: Paris, yemok & biliana Cup)

ibreak4coffee (5 tournaments: Miami D, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas)

Previous Winners - Manager of the Year
2006 - keqtqiadv
2007 - adee-gee
2008 - FiBeR
2009 - Boarder35m
2010 - Boarder35m

·
Registered
97,309 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping Awards 2011: Manager of the Year

title should go to marto (slams!) or goldenoldie (amount!) but i vote abollo for wimbledon mixed. i played it with ibreak4coffee and was too funny :D

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
51,247 Posts

Alex got my vote.. :yeah:

but all of them did a great job :worship:

·
Registered
100,161 Posts

yes not easy between my alex,abollo,marto but i go for Goldenoldie;) but all are great:)

·
Registered
3,766 Posts

marto got my vote.... I enjoyed the interviews, OOP etc... I try to continue this type of management in my tournaments :D

·
43,222 Posts

Alex - he always help me and he did great job in two slams which we managed together (hope that we will try again)

Sorry Jim and scoobs :sad:

·
Registered
3,766 Posts

Alex and Jim really did a great job as well... Managing 22 and 28 tournaments is unbelievable, I can't imagine how to always keep enjoying what you're doing the whole year as it becomes so stressful etc... YOu guys really have/had a huge influence on that game and its development :)

When I managed back to back tournaments in TT and DTT in October I already couldn't be bothered managing another one :D

Hope to have Goldenoldie back one day :)

Maybe we can have someone from the TT managers for DTT as well :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

Hard to pick, but I go for Boarder35m :yeah:

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

This one's a hard decision, I think everyone that manages deserves an award.

My top three are:

N.3 to keqtqiadv: Sentimental pick, my first tournament win was with him managing. And I loved his mini-awards to best and worst picks, that was fun.
N.2 to Goldenoldie: 28 tournaments!!! :eek: He wins my vote for fact of the year, for sure. And also some sentimental stuff in here, he was the manager I asked what was this all about when I first started playing TT.
And N.1 goes to Marto: You're everywhere, dude!! Managing, helping, updating, in PAW, in FITD, in Suicide... The other day I saw you organizing my desktop icons!!! :lol: You've done a really great job not only for this game but for all the others. You deserve my vote.

·
Super Moderator
18,675 Posts

While I appreciate many like to vote this category on volume - and I appreciate as everyone else does the efforts of several managers to manage 10+ tournaments a year - my vote always goes to the quality of the management first and there is simply no one as good as Alex at managing TT tournaments :worship:

When was the last time there was a controversy in one of his tournaments, or when he missed a diff deadline or screwed up an OOP? It simply doesn't happen even with his massive efforts to manage DTT simultaneously, and that's why I believe he deserves to repeat in this category.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

AdeyC :cheerleader:

·
43,222 Posts
Wow this year was my first nominations and I won 2 awards :eek:
Thanks for your vote :worship: and I promise I will try at least to keep this level of managing next year :wavey:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Boarder35m is my favorite manager in TT but Marto deserved this Award in 2011 because of the many tournaments with interviews, fast updates and a lot of interesting things.

3 Times one guy winning the same Award is almost impossible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts