Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which player is your 2007 TT Match of The Year?

• Ria vs scythe19pro (Paris R32)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bavaria100/kindablue vs scarecrows/Andre (TMC SF)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
34,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2007 Tennis Tipping Match of the Year

This poll is to determine which was the best TT match in 2007.

The poll can only have 10 options, so we (Labamba, adeegee!. and I) had to nominate nine matches for this award. If your pick is not included, please vote for the [Other] option and tell us why you believe this match should win. Only TT players can vote.

Here are the nominees:

Tytta!. vs JMG DC QF

The weekend began like a nightmare for the Brazilians. Germany took a 2-0 lead in their DC QF tie, after the disappoiting losses of virex and keqtqiadv. The doubles win kept the tie alive for Brazil, and both teams had to pick winners for more than 60 matches of an endless OOP on Sunday. Tytta!.'s heroic performance in doubles (her Davis Cup debut) showed she was capable of heading Brazil to an unexpected comeback. And she once again proved to have strong nerves and a big Davis Cup spirit, giving her country the winning rubber and the SF berth. She must still be thankful for Marat's amazing win over Mathieu.

el güero/LK_22 vs Melvins/Andre Roland Garros QF

One of the most successful teams of the game played its last tournament in Roland Garros. Melvins sent late picks, but they still won their match. Check these posts:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3808
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3813
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3821
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3847
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5468525&postcount=3911
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=3921
Melvins/Andre reached the final. It was the best result of their doubles career.

Labamba/linus vs angela/A_Skywalker (Wimbledon final)

Many tennis fans consider the Wimbledon final the match of the year. Federer vs Nadal decided not only the grass Grand Slam title, but also the TT doubles final. Labamba/linus picked Federer, which was the safer pick. A_Skywalker went for a derossi pick, going for his favourite player Rafael Nadal. Following his heart almost paid off but at the end of it all linus/Labamba could celebrate their deserved title.

qczi vs JMG (USO QF)

Haas' win over Blake gave JMG an apparently safe lead of 1 point and the SR advantage over qczi. Well, just apparently. qczi's accurate tipping managed to find two differences in a short OOP of 4 matches. Chela defeated Wawrinka and Moya sent Gulbis home, and these results caused one of the most impressive comebacks of 2007.

GustavoM_Fan vs tennisfancroatia DC Playoffs

It's always good to see a TT thread like the old times, with pages and pages of scores. It can be seen here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...108562&page=47
The Davis Cup Playoff tie between Argentina and Croatia decided the last team to qualify to 2008's World Group. Croatia needed Horna to beat Mirnyi in 4 sets. Any other result would put Argentina through. The 4th set tie breaker decided this match and the tie. Argentina's dream to stay in the WG was over, Horna had just beaten Mirnyi in 4.

adeegee!. vs ExcaliburII (Paris R64)

That was probably adeegee's worst week of the season. Terrible timing. He just needed a win in singles or doubles to seal his Shanghai berth. Spadea losing to Tipsarevic and Mathieu losing to Ancic knocked him out of the TMC in singles. A day later, another disappoitment: Simon's loss to Robredo ended with his very last chance to get a spot in the TMC.

Ria vs scythe19pro (Paris R32)

After losing his first round match, Ria became adeegee!.'s last chance to get the 8th singles spot for Shangai. And the first result of the day kept his hopes high. Tsonga's win over Grosjean gave Ria the advantage. She just needed Gonzalez to win in 3 or Ancic to beat Berdych. Gonzalez was beaten by Youzhny, Berdych rolled over Ancic and scythe19pro clinched her Shanghai's berth.

bavaria100/kindablue vs scarecrows/Andre (TMC SF)

After beating linus/Labamba and getting to the semifinals, Andre/scarecrows took an important SR lead in the semifinals against bavaria100 and kindablue (Ferrer over Gasquet 2-0), and that was the key of the match considering both their opponents took a risk in the SR1 match to try to make a (unsuccessful) comeback. Federer was not interested in making things exciting. His straight sets win over Roddick got scarecrows to the top of the doubles ranking.

Tomek/Garlichead vs PaulHopkins/Garrigues (Shrewsbury QF)

Challenger? :eek: Yes, a challenger match, but a deserved nomination :p Probably one of the most amazing performances of a single player in 2007. Tomek's high 5/7 score managed to beat PaulHopkins and Garrigues (5/14) on SR1 :worship:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=270

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping Awards 2007: Match of the Year

I vote for Felipe vs Marko, these two are colourful characters of TT.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts

lol no no sorry, I will vote for Andre/Melvins' match, this was hilarious, how could I forget!

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts

GustavoM_Fan vs tennisfancroatia :devil:
It was a very sweet win for Croatia :) :)

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts

Went for the Shrewsbury match :)

·
Registered
10,256 Posts

My vote goes for Shrewsbury QF :yeah:

Tomek :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
29,033 Posts

Tomek :worship: i promised to myself id vote for that match if it went to match of the year :rolls:

·
Registered
18,619 Posts

GustavoM_Fan/ExcaliburII vs Labamba/Linus Madrid ATP MSeries not included??? :spit:

the DC 5th match :haha: The 2007 TB rule defines all here.

where I get my award to put the correct score SR5 Pavel in 5 sets (TFC put Pavel in 4)?
SR4 my idea was to put Horna in 4, but copy Caralimon picks and put Horna in 5. :bigcry:
it was not necessary to take a 5 set risk with Mirnyi playing on clay and with Argentina leading Croatia 2-1
I confused here, but at least I know that Argentina will have won with the real PMS

the line-ups rule was a joke . we were limited to pick a team. :shrug:
no offense, Gavnich disappointed me here. I never understand the rule and nobody explained to me. then you dont want to me posting in the TT threads

·
Registered
34,674 Posts

GustavoM_Fan/ExcaliburII vs Labamba/Linus Madrid ATP MSeries

That match should have been nominated definetely.

·
Registered
34,674 Posts

TmJordan defeated alone diego36arg/locoxcañas once I managed a tournament, that match should have been nominated.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts

I vote for when Felipe choked away the chance to make himself a national hero :cool:

·
Registered
32,550 Posts

tough choice here, I'll go for GM_Fan vs TFC, that was a true epic with a lot at stake

Andre's drama and Tomek's heroics deserve to be mentioned as well :D

The Wimby final was the biggest match for me of course...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts

RG QF

it was fun to witness Andre's anger and then Joao coming back in style with late picks

·
Registered
18,619 Posts

GustavoM_Fan/ExcaliburII vs Labamba/Linus Madrid ATP MSeries 1st round

this match give the n1 to savestheday and avoid the Wimbledon Champions to continue taking points in Madrid doubles draw.

it was a high quality match.

we was needing Tursunov (vs Calleri) or Mathieu (vs Fish) + Mónaco (vs Haas)

Tursunov was leading the match and was 2 points to win the match in the 2nd set TBreak. finally Calleri closed in the 3rd.
quality tt by our opponnents :worship:

then Mathieu enter in the court.
and played a very tough match vs Fish. I remember Mathieu won 7.5 in the 3rd set and there was some insults in this match between the players..

we are only
needing Monaco to beat Haas :lol: Pico was losing 4-1* in the 1set if I remember well :scratch:. he recovered and surprisingly closed it in 3 sets

1 - 16 of 16 Posts