Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
9,889 Posts
you are correct, just a small oversight, those that were on time for main tour deadline yes should not be LE but those whom are should be, I'll be sure to make managers aware now, thanks for noticing!

we prefer not to cancel challenger , and will try our best to keep them going, but this week is special circumstances, with 2 500's and all higher ranked players spread between both, most challenger players took the opportunity to play ATP 250, this is the last week for a while with 3 ATP, so hopefully we can continue to offer challengers for new players that need them.

·
28,186 Posts
you are correct, just a small oversight, those that were on time for main tour deadline yes should not be LE but those whom are should be, I'll be sure to make managers aware now, thanks for noticing!

we prefer not to cancel challenger , and will try our best to keep them going, but this week is special circumstances, with 2 500's and all higher ranked players spread between both, most challenger players took the opportunity to play ATP 250, this is the last week for a while with 3 ATP, so hopefully we can continue to offer challengers for new players that need them.
I have 8 players already in Santiago that will miss the qualifying draw and I haven't even added players to Santiago that haven't signed up anywhere from this event - no point really at this point they will be double digit alternates, but I will Friday. It is just bad luck, but one thing to consider is that with only one deadline for challenger events now, more and more players are committing just a few days before the draw is made.

·
9,889 Posts
I have 8 players already in Santiago that will miss the qualifying draw and I haven't even added players to Santiago that haven't signed up anywhere from this event - no point really at this point they will be double digit alternates, but I will Friday. It is just bad luck, but one thing to consider is that with only one deadline for challenger events now, more and more players are committing just a few days before the draw is made.
I'm willing to consider an extra round of Q as we did in Doha, It's very important to us to keep all new players playing each week, from what I seen there were still 2 space in Q yesterday in Santiago and 3 in Dubai , so must have missed something

·
28,186 Posts
I'm willing to consider an extra round of Q as we did in Doha, It's very important to us to keep all new players playing each week, from what I seen there were still 2 space in Q yesterday in Santiago and 3 in Dubai , so must have missed something
I just posted a new entry list, I try to post one on Friday before deadline, Sunday after deadline, Wednesday after deadline and Friday before draws are posted.

·
Registered
434 Posts
how come should we be considered as a LE on the ATP events if we did commit on time for this tournament?

·
28,186 Posts
how come should we be considered as a LE on the ATP events if we did commit on time for this tournament?
The main tour deadline is Sunday, February 17th at 6PM CET. @MikiKuba is actually fine, so he is not a LE, but unfortunately you are. @BMT360 - right? Qualifying draw will be expanded to make room for more players - although I'm not sure everyone will fit. @a1canada - right?

·
9,889 Posts
UNFORTUNATELY there are no other Challengers, if you were moving there no problem, but as @Snowwy mentions we will likely make an extra round of Q in Santiago to accommodate the problem this week, as we do not want anyone not being able to play !

·
9,889 Posts
The main tour deadline is Sunday, February 17th at 6PM CET. @MikiKuba is actually fine, so he is not a LE, but unfortunately you are. @BMT360 - right? Qualifying draw will be expanded to make room for more players - although I'm not sure everyone will fit. @a1canada - right?
I think everyone will fit into 32 Q draw no problem, and in Doha when I made 28 Q draw only 22 sent, as new players are more likely to no send, so shouldn't be much of an issue, we just want to be sure everyone has the opportunity, even if they do not all take advantage of it.

·
Administrator
10,474 Posts
Yep, MikiKuba was committed 20 minutes before the deadline.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Just to make it clear for me: to avoid this situation in the future, I should commit to challengers before the ATP deadline?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts