Mens Tennis Forums banner

741 - 760 of 798 Posts

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
I didn't say it's right because it's been used. I just meant there are some players who agreed with how it works before today's match. ATP counts them, so TT can do the same. We can reopen the discussions and change it back if the rejection is too big. The point I liked in this rule is that we're no longer able to pray for a retirement to save our matches.

It has to happen with someone who disagree with the rule, if not the discussion wouldn't have a beginning. Which players? I don't think it would.
Well, if the rule was changed on the request of some and is not changed back on the request of others, what is about it? Was there a topic on this discussion? I don't think so. An exception (Gremelmayr retiring losing 3/5) can't make a new rule.

I didn't pray for a retirement. In fact, if Almagro won 2-0 I wouldn't have posted anything. Once I complained about exchanging tournaments, but never about any result. This is boring and I hate to keep complaining like that, but this time it's all wrong. It's just unfair.

Another thing: if ATP counts them this way, that doesn't mean it's right. In official bet markets, any retirement disqualifies a match.

·
34,606 Posts
Well, if the rule was changed on the request of some and is not changed back on the request of others, what is about it? Was there a topic on this discussion? I don't think so. An exception (Gremelmayr retiring losing 3/5) can't make a new rule.

I didn't pray for a retirement. In fact, if Almagro won 2-0 I wouldn't have posted anything. Once I complained about exchanging tournaments, but never about any result. This is boring and I hate to keep complaining like that, but this time it's all wrong. It's just unfair.

Another thing: if ATP counts them this way, that doesn't mean it's right. In official bet markets, any retirement disqualifies a match.
the rule was changed and it wasn't used in that tournament, so the player lost that match anyway. TB thread is the place where the change was suggested. Players who posted there agreed with it, but yeah maybe it should have been more discussed.

I didn't say you did :p but it's not an option anymore. It doesn't mean it's right if ATP counts them. But it shows there are different thoughts on this rule.

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
There's an unfair thought and a fair one. Pretty easy. I couldn't expect anything different from this board, anyway. Doing the right thing? Correcting unfairnesses? Why? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
I don't have time to get into this discussion right now (because of running MC), but the new rule is in line with the ATP rules, most betting companies use it and all the TT people were for it when it was introduced.

I think it's more fair this way, when you can't wait for a retirement to save your match. There's always some cases when people will feel it's unfair, the rules can never be flawless. Gu, did you expect the injured Volandri to win the second set? If he had continued it would most likely have ended in 2-0 win for Almagro...

All in all, the rules can't be changed in the middle of a tournament, they can only be corrected for the next one.

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,967 Posts
Ville did we had a poll about this rule? If so I forgot. I'd never voted for this rule.

I really dont think it's fair. :sad: the winner should count but not the SR.
There was still a chance for Volandri winning a set.

·
Registered
473 Posts
hi sylvester,

do you know what is SR1 and SR2 ?

thanks

·
#freeviktor
93,846 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think it is a machination from TT board.

:D

they are afraid we become the futurs federer in TT.

I am going to call Glenn Myrni for to defend us.....

;)

·
#freeviktor
93,846 Posts
I think it is a machination from TT board.

:D

they are afraid we become the futurs federer in TT.

I am going to call Glenn Myrni for to defend us.....

;)
I think that must be it. :mad:

:lol:

·
Registered
473 Posts
rain, rain, rain................

:rain:

·
Registered
473 Posts

·