Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Don't worry, the gloryhunters just haven't figured out yet which new player to support

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Don't worry, the gloryhunters just haven't figured out yet which new player to support
This. There are not many real tennis fans, especially in the US. Most are gloryhunters who support either Federer or Nadal (mostly Federer) because it's cool

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
This. There are not many real tennis fans, especially in the US. Most are gloryhunters who support either Federer or Nadal (mostly Federer) because it's cool
Federer didn’t play in 2016 either and I didn’t hear anything then about lower tv ratings. Its a combination of many things and factors, but obviously noletards use every single possibility to mock federer and his Fans

·
Registered
1,576 Posts

·
Registered
16,444 Posts
NBA ratings are also down. Maybe the audience doesn't want to see sports in front of empty stands?
NBA Ratings are down big.

There are numerous ways to watch sports now.

But the way these sports have been riddled by politics has turned off many.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
NBA Ratings are down big.

There are numerous ways to watch sports now.

But the way these sports have been riddled by politics has turned off many.
Yeah, I get that. You can't turn off half your potential audience every occasion you have and expect not to lose some of it. At the end of the day, people want to relax when watching sports and not be lectured. Paraphrasing; Republicans buy sneakers too.

·
justice for all
15,289 Posts
That’s very alarming news for our sport, folks. If they don’t figure out how to regain fans and their attention tennis and it’s quality will suffer in the long run.

·
Banned
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NBA ratings are also down. Maybe the audience doesn't want to see sports in front of empty stands?
Yup
Yeah, I get that. You can't turn off half your potential audience every occasion you have and expect not to lose some of it. At the end of the day, people want to relax when watching sports and not be lectured. Paraphrasing; Republicans buy sneakers too.
and yup

·
justice for all
15,289 Posts
Millions of people have lost their jobs, among other disruptive things. Audiences are probably preoccupied with other things.
That's true, also in this context in some countries (don't know how it works in the US exactly) it's paid content which some people can't afford anymore.

·
Registered
9,264 Posts
Shocking! Zverev-Coric alone had nothing on Fedal finals.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Federer didn’t play in 2016 either and I didn’t hear anything then about lower tv ratings. Its a combination of many things and factors, but obviously noletards use every single possibility to mock federer and his Fans
I didn't mock Federer, lol. Nor his real fans. I'm talking about the gloryhunters, and it's the truth

Reactions: Phillo

·
Registered
602 Posts
Apparently ratings have shot up since 40loveovic and Coric exited the tournament but, alas, not enough to make up for Zverev reaching the semis.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.