Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know kenny de schepper is one of them, is there anyone else ?

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
By "peak" do you mean the peak of their abilities or going all out? Because if any player plays better in practice than they do in matches, that's bad.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
By "peak" do you mean the peak of their abilities or going all out? Because if any player plays better in practice than they do in matches, that's bad.
Playing better than they do in tournaments. It goes beyond tennis habilities.... Its the most extreme case of mental dwarfism.. And it crosses the limits of tennis or even sports as a whole.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
I have read that Robin Haase is one of them, and I have already read in MTF that some users share this opinion, I don't know where because it was like more than one year ago if I recall correctly. I saw him training last year in Barcelona, like at 7pm on the first day of the qualies, and he kinda impressed me. I mean, I saw him moving well all around the court and hitting some good forehands, and I think I didn't overrate his performance as I saw other pro players training that day. I have seen him in some matches, not a lot to be honest, and I didn't see him moving like that all around the court. Maybe it is the tension of the match and the intensity of the fight something that Haase does not handle good plus you can't play in official matches exactly like you practice. One has to adapt his practice game to his competition game. Ones do it better, other worse. I think that Haase belongs to the second group.

And of course Kenny, as you said :cool:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I understand where the OP is going with this, I play 1000% better during practice, I'm really a mental mug when it comes to matches.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Johnny Grove.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts