Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is reported that Benchetrit, asked to the girl to peel the banana whilst taking a break during their match.

However looking rather bemused by the request the girl then turned to umpire, who then proceeded to tell Benchetrit to peel it himself.

Although Benchetrit has recieved backlash via Twitter, with many citing that the girl wasn’t his servant.

He has since received some support from fans of the sport with many pointing out the fact that his hands fingers were tapped up due to having blisters.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Is there an official list of duties done by ballkids? I mean, why peeling a banana is supposed to be a servant's job while giving a bottle of water or handing a towel isn't? Madness.
This thing escalated only because the ball kid was a girl, in my opinion. What he did was not appropriate. Even with the mother of blisters, you still should be able to peel a banana. I also think this madness affected him in a way, he is much better than what he showed in his match vs Sugita.

·
justice for all
12,620 Posts
This thing escalated only because the ball kid was a girl, in my opinion. What he did was not appropriate. Even with the mother of blisters, you still should be able to peel a banana. I also think this madness affected him in a way, he is much better than what he showed in his match vs Sugita.
I sort of miss the old times when players didn't even have chairs to sit down at changeovers let alone towels to abuse time between each and every point.

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
lol, the ballgirl denied the request?

why?

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
lol, the ballgirl denied the request?

why?
The umpire told her not to do it. The girl was confused.

I sort of miss the old times when players didn't even have chairs to sit down at changeovers let alone towels to abuse time between each and every point.
Nadal with 2 towels, one for each side. 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
I'm glad someone else here remembers what tennis was like in the past. Also I might add there were no bathroom breaks either. I read Jimmy Connor's book where he mentioned peeing on court while it was raining.

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Meh, don't see anything wrong with the player's request, but these days almost anything can be interpreted wrongly.
Maybe the ball girl has a dirtier mind than this Benchtit mug.

·
Registered
28,768 Posts
Meh, don't see anything wrong with the player's request, but these days almost anything can be interpreted wrongly.
Maybe the ball girl has a dirtier mind than this Benchtit mug.
So the umpire told Benchetrit to masturbate instead? Harsh.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
It was blown out of proportion I think, as many things are these days. In the article, it says he tried to open it with this mouth because he couldn't open it with his hands at that moment.

Did he win the match?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just another tennis diva (even when your ranked 231).

To many princesses in this sport, but that's what happens when players get away with everything.

And he looked like he was about to cry when his request was denied, like the umpire slapped him in the face. Glorious.

·
Registered
94 Posts
But i guess it is a symptom of modern day p**sy culture, when a grown ass man feels he is above peeling a banana :LOL:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts