Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015...g-notifications-integrity-organization/55657/

Tennis has once again led in suspicious betting activity in the ESSA second quarter findings, which records notification of irregular betting patterns by member bookmakers.

In total, ESSA members provided information about 73 unusual betting patterns across sports, of which 23 were regarded as suspicious. Of these, 19 were from tennis and four from football.

The sports integrity organization represents leading bookmakers, and assesses notifications to see if irregular betting patterns have an apparent explanation or if they are suspicious, indicating potential match-fixing.

In its first quarter findings, ESSA saw 49 notifications, with 23 seen as suspicious and 17 belonging to tennis.

FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2015 /by KAMAKSHI TANDON

·
Premium Member
11,332 Posts
Loopchi and Loopback.

Sorry bro Loops only go forward.

Anyways it's much easier to do this in Challengers, considering how unpopular they are for the common public. But it's easy betting money.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
It also seems very easy to do it in tennis as it is an individual sport and not a team sport. Much harder to get an entire team on side to throw a game.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It also seems very easy to do it in tennis as it is an individual sport and not a team sport. Much harder to get an entire team on side to throw a game.
You don´t really need a whole team to throw a game, one or two key players is usually enough.

·
Registered
781 Posts
You don´t really need a whole team to throw a game, one or two key players is usually enough.
But one having the bribe one player in tennis is much easier and way more reliable. :)

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's hard out there for lower ranked players, trying to cover all there expenses, so I can understand the temptation.

I'm a little surprised about the amount of matches indicating potential match-fixing.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Tennis is incredibly easy to fix because you canjust miss a few key points, get broken once per set and a 6-4 6-4 loss isn't suspicious at all.

Bet365 even lets betting on Futures Qualies. That means some random guy can sign up, get drawn against a serious player and just lose (probably even if he's trying) every game. His friend can bet against him to win $800 every game, so that's an easy $9600 for an hour's work without anybody ever being able to prove it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I'm a little surprised about the amount of matches indicating potential match-fixing.
There aren´t that many matches that has an obvious betting patterns as it was in the past for some reason. Few people pointed out that once the organisation started leaking names the amount of pretty obvious cases decreased a lot. I would also like to know those 19 matches which are suspicious according to them. Numbers are pretty "useless".

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I bet multiple Ledovskikh matches are on that list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts