Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear it every week for the past decade.

"Where are the characters in tennis?"
"Where are the rivalries?"
"All the players are too nice and robotic."
"We need drama."

Today Rosol bumps into Murray, Clayray tells him a few home truths... and Fedtards are up in arms that an ATP player would dare bring anything but a smile, a hair flick and a handshake onto court.

Murray might have took the bitchiness to the gutter there, but this is a Grand Slam champion having a go at another pro, and the response from tennis (Fed) fans is "Grow up, pathetic".

Who gives a f*ck if a player takes it too far? We have a top player insulting another player (even if it is the "heroic" Dull-killer), and the first reaction of most people is "Noooooo!"

:worship:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Spot on. There are lots, and I mean lots, of people on here that have led sheltered lives. The reaction to stuff like this, or Ferrer nudging a line judge, for instance, is very telling.

There's also the tremendous irony that these types that go on about class are often the same people that post derogatory remarks about players on a daily basis.....

I feel bad for the more level-headed Fed fans on here, because there's a large segment of his support on here that is positively vile. You've got that tragic case Slade going on about class - is this not the same guy that responded to news of Del Potro requiring another surgery with a load of laughing emoticons?

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
you had finally guessed something but you needed to add an immature limit to "Fedfans".

Which is especially funny because I know a bunch of Murrayfans who have prooved to be especially touchy :lol:

(Ps : I'm not proud at all of a large part of Fedfans but for other reasons, not at all on that topic which concerns everybody the same way, even more often some other fanbases imo)

You should understand that it's the whole modern society which is like that, where there is so much fuss about a few words by celebrities, especially by very young internet readers, a part of women as well, and above all the media who exploit that bad part of human beings, that every celebrity finally realizes in the end that they have to be politically correct ... then most often unsincere and dishonest.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
I've not been here for a few years then don't remember the names, but I remember a few ones who were especially upset by some words Federer said about Murray in the past.

Anyway, I think that generally speaking fanbases which include more women have more often this tendency because women are more often more sensitive to this kind of things.

And people who are touchier tend to be more upset by Federer's so-called arrogance and sometimes brutal honesty, which is a bias which should lead to a correlation between being touchy and disliking Federer imo. I think I've observed this correlation in my experience.

I despise a large part of the Fedtards fanbase but for completely other reasons.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I've not been here for a few years then don't remember the names, but I remember a few ones who were especially upset by some words Federer said about Murray in the past.
Fair enough. I mean there must be some in a place like MTF, but actually I think Murray fans are pretty relaxed.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, but sorry for using Fed as a benchmark for class for the modern game. His astronomically high standard of class is often not lived up to by most players.

I for one can appreciate some random drama thrown in by players, but at the top of the game when kids want to fucking BE YOU - sorry but you need to act with some class. Don't tell a guy that nobody likes him on tour or whatever. Save that for kindergarten. It really was an atrociously classless comment.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Fair enough. I mean there must be some in a place like MTF, but actually I think Murray fans are pretty relaxed.
I don't know, anyway they were not numerous in the old time, then I may focus too much on a few people but I added an analysis to my initial post :

Anyway, I think that generally speaking fanbases which include more women have more often this tendency because women are more often more sensitive to this kind of things.

And people who are touchier tend to be more upset by Federer's so-called arrogance and sometimes brutal honesty, which is a bias which should lead to a correlation between being touchy and disliking Federer imo. I think I've observed this correlation in my experience.

I despise a large part of the Fedtards fanbase but for completely other reasons.

·
Registered
22,067 Posts
Why are you limiting to only Fedtards only when basically posters of all fanbases are criticizing Murray for his behavior?

Although I did find this particular incident to be hilarious, I believe we mainly watch tennis because of how the players actually play the game. To enjoy the different styles of how tennis player, etc. and not because of drama between players. If you want drama, or that sort. Go watch Wrestling or TV shows.

·
Registered
167 Posts
This "incident" made me laugh. Nothing wrong with some emotions in tennis. Lukas had it coming and Murray's rant was quite entertaing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
A Mugray fan talking about respect. :haha: That's like a Gulbis fan talking about tennis.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
5 star thread. Could not agree more.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, but sorry for using Fed as a benchmark for class for the modern game. His astronomically high standard of class is often not lived up to by most players.

I for one can appreciate some random drama thrown in by players, but at the top of the game when kids want to fucking BE YOU - sorry but you need to act with some class. Don't tell a guy that nobody likes him on tour or whatever. Save that for kindergarten. It really was an atrociously classless comment.
Just curious, why do you always bold your replies? It's kinda like capslock - yes, it makes them pop out more, but it also makes the reader go "ugh".

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Just curious, why do you always bold your replies? It's kinda like capslock - yes, it makes them pop out more, but it also makes the reader go "ugh".
He wants to stand out on MTF as Federer does on ATP. Guess the Federer facepalm avatar is not enough. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts