Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am noticing more and more on this Forum that it seems every youngster who does something a bit edgy seems to get hate off the masses on here. Whether it's swearing on court, smashing a racket, or claiming they will beat a player in a years time, MTF will rip the youngster apart if they do something...

The way posters are acting on here when a youngster does something like this would make an outsider believe said youngster had committed a serious crime, when all they are doing is showing passion on fire on court. It's as if it's one rule for the youngsters and another for the older players. I remember watching a video of Federer a few days ago and he was smashing rackets and being a brat as a kid... it's not as if this is something new.

Tennis is not a gentlemans sport anymore. How do we expect the sport to grow if we expect everyone to be on their best behaviour? I for one don't want to watch a sport with boring robots who are afraid to step out of line a bit, I want characters.

Discuss.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,337 Posts
I don't mind some show of emotion on court as long as there is respect to fellow players and officials. At times this can be edgy, in Kyrgios case sometimes disrespectful towards umpire decisions. I do think players should try to refrain from bad language if they can help it but that's me.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Tennis is an old mans game. Any outburst of emotion will always be judged harshly unfortunately.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
It's even more hilarious that the biggest moral defenders are top 4 tards, while their heroes have done their things in the past.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
All of the promising youngsters have cocky attitudes except Chung. If nobody mentions their behavior, they wouldnt grow up into well behaved players like Federer and Djokovic did for instance.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Their teenaged brattiness doesn't bother me, within reason. Most of them will grow out of it.

Their inability to string a decent run of results together is more of a concern.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
They can swear. They can smash racquets ... It doesn't bother me as long as they win something. They are winning nothing. End of story.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
A few of these youngsters are pricks though. Swearing sometimes due to being angry and having confidence is fine; being a complete and utter arse while being unable to back your statements up half the time is not.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
but I didn't know you were only allowed to do stuff if you won things
Acting like an arrogant prick (in Kyrgios' case mostly) but not being able to back it up makes you look like an idiot. It's amusing to me because I just laugh at their stupidity and enjoy watching most of them lose, so I'm not too fussed about this either way :shrug:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Acting like an arrogant prick (in Kyrgios' case mostly) but not being able to back it up makes you look like an idiot.
He was backing it up but after beating Federer it all got to him. There's been a clear change in his behaviour since that match.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
He was backing it up but after beating Federer it all got to him. There's been a clear change in his behaviour since that match.
His behaviour has been worse lately, I agree with you on that. His result at Wimbledon was still decent but his behaviour was absolutely atrocious :lol:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
His behaviour has been worse lately, I agree with you on that. His result at Wimbledon was still decent but his behaviour was absolutely atrocious :lol:
Yeah it was, he's 1 of my favourites but that tanking was ridiculous. Most of his antics are all on court, off court he's been mostly ok.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
I'm joining Kyrgios' supporters partly because of the boring shitheads on this site who hate him for being charismatic, fun to watch, foul-mouthed, and just a decent guy.

That is petty in its own way, but tough titty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts