Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15130&zoneid=25

During Tuesday's official announcement that the Doug Mitchell Thunderbird Sports Centre in Vancouver would host the 2012 Davis Cup World Group tie between Canada and France, Tennis Canada unveiled a pair of provocative posters to promote the event. The Vancouver Sun reports that one featured Canada’s top player, Milos Raonic, with the tag line: "Hey France, I’ve got a 151 m.p.h. serve. Try returning that with a baguette."

Another poster has Canadian player Vasek Pospisil saying, "Hey France, Welcome to Vancouver. My hometown and your worst nightmare."
Tennis Canada’s Gavin Ziv said the arena will seat just over 4,500 and he hopes it will create a "loud and vibrant atmosphere while still remaining intimate. We’ve got to teach the people how it’s done around the world and we should do the same here. We are patriotic. We showed it during the Olympics and we can bring that here. Don’t come in with the mentality of ‘Quiet please.’ You’ve got to cheer for your country and make it hard on the other team."
:superlol:

Sorry postermakers, I don't find these taglines witty or intimidating - they are lame and clumsy.
I am sure, MTF can think up something more subtle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
They are newcomer and excited. Passion is always loveable in Davis Cup.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Milos good luck trying to beat Gael or Jo in a best- of 5. You will be lucky to get one set.

·
Registered
60,645 Posts
You can have trouble attracting viewers with the tagline, "Let's try and win a set"

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Good to see the Canadians enthused and ready. And they definitely have a legitimate shot at winning the event, although I think France will eventually win.

·
Registered
22,448 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
will make them look like fools when they go down 0-5

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Some blogger calling the baguette one racist :haha:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts