Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
15,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temur Ismailov, a 25-year-old tennis player from Uzbekistan, has been banned for seven years (with two suspended) and fined $12,000 after a Tennis Integrity Unit (TIU) investigation found he had breached the Tennis Anti-Corruption Programme (TACP) rules on several occasions relating to match fixing.

The disciplinary case was heard by Anti-Corruption Hearing Officer Janie Soublière and Mr Ismailov, who had a highest ATP singles ranking of 756, admitted being involved in match fixing on three occasions in 2014, 2015 and 2019. The subsequent sanction means that from 18 December 2020, the player is prohibited from playing in or attending any tennis event authorised or sanctioned by the governing bodies of tennis for seven years (with two years suspended).

·
Registered
17,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The disciplinary case was heard by Anti-Corruption Hearing Officer Janie Soublière and Mr Ismailov, who had a highest ATP singles ranking of 756, admitted being involved in match fixing on three occasions in 2014, 2015 and 2019.
Thats surely his doubles ranking. He played some challenger tour tennis and was inside top #400 some years ago.

Oh well. One down - too many to go.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Thats surely his doubles ranking. He played some challenger tour tennis and was inside top #400 some years ago.
Correct, had close matches with Khachanov, Donskoy and several others, has hardly played in the last three years, I thought he was already serving the ban considering lack of matches, that's not the case tho.

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
This isn't taught in history classes at schools in Italy hence my ignorance on the subject.
My cousins had History in School in Melegnano but you probably had Berlusconi and Canale 5 in the meanwhile.....

That said Education is not only in schools.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My cousins had History in School
So did I, my sentece was pretty clear, not to everyone tho evidently; our programs are focused on European events, you, and your cousins, probably had an education that covered all five continents, can't imagine how you'd fit that into a study plan but that's ok. Also, unlike some other countries, we had the Renaissance, a time in history that's deeply covered in our oversimplified (according to some) study programs.
Besides I think you are overreacting a little bit over a simple joke and the off topic went far too long, history classes must haven taken too much space and there was no room left for sense of humor.
As far as education goes I don't think I did too bad holding a BSc from the following uni:

The Sapienza University of Rome (Italian: Sapienza – Università di Roma), also called simply Sapienza[4][a] or the University of Rome, is a research university that is located in Rome, Italy. Formally known as Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza", it is one of the largest European universities by enrollments[5] and one of the oldest in history, founded in 1303. The University is one of the most prestigious Italian universities and in the world, commonly ranking first in national rankings and in Southern Europe.[6] In 2018 it ranked first in the world for classics and ancient history.[7]

Most of the Italian ruling class studied at Sapienza.[8] Sapienza educated numerous notable alumni, including many Nobel laureates, Presidents of the European Parliament and European Commissioners, heads of several nations, notable religious figures, scientists and astronauts.[9] In September 2018, it was included in the top 100 of the QS World University Rankings Graduate Employability Ranking.[10]

You take care and have a good Xmas!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts