·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Ljubicic and Karlovic in a team together? :tape:

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ljubicic and Karlovic in a team together? :tape:
this are only the two best players per nation...
but the nations have to confirm

Like the french team is usually not allowed to play Dusseldorf (from French tennis fed due to french open)...
And the players needs to confirm and then you know which players play together...

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rolleyes:

In 2008, the ARAG ATP World Team Championship will be contested under a new playing format between May 18-24.

The 31st edition of the international men’s team competition will feature ties over two days. Every team will now play on every day!

The new tournament format was presented by ARAG ATP World Team Championship Tournament Director Dietloff von Arnim at a press conference held last Wednesday.

The eight teams will still be seeded into the "Red" and "Blue" Groups. Spectators at the Rochusclub in Düsseldorf as well as television around the world can watch Germany’s top players competing daily during the round robin stage. The seven other nations will also be in action every day.

In 30 previous editions of the ARAG ATP World Team Championship, the nations in the two groups have played on alternate days. Only at the draw ceremony, two days prior to the event, was it was clarified which country would play on which day.

Under the new format, all eight teams will play daily on the two Center Courts at the Rochusclub.

Tournament Director Dietloff von Arnim considers this new system to be of great advantage particularly for the tennis fans. Von Arnim said: "We get many calls in December and January already asking for tickets, mainly of course for the matches of the German team. So far we had to put the fans off. This problem has been solved by the new system."

The seeds of change were formed last year. Von Arnim indicated that "positive discussions" took place with the participating tennis professionals during the 2007 event. as well as with the host broadcaster WDR. The ATP, co-organizers with the Rochusclub, the change of system was initiated.

The last marked change of the most traditional major sports event in Düsseldorf took place in 1984, when the semi-finals after the round robins were dropped and the two group winners qualified directly for the final.

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
It's not a huge change, now Germans can play every day at the Centre Court I :lol:

EXAMPLE OF 2008 DRAW FORMAT

Below is an example of the new format of the ARAG WORLD TEAM CUP. The correct schedule will be determined after the draw ceremony on May 16, 2008.

EXAMPLE DRAW
Blue Group: Germany, United States, Chile, Sweden

Red Group: Argentina, Russia, Belgium, Czech Republic

Sunday
Centre Court I - Blue Group - GER-USA 1st singles match; CHI-SWE 1st singles match; CHI-SWE 2nd singles match

Centre Court II - Red Group - ARG-RUS 1st singles match; CZE-BEL 1st singles match; CZE-BEL 2nd singles match

Monday
Centre Court I – Blue Group – GER-USA 2nd singles match; CHI-SWE doubles match; GER-USA doubles match

Centre Court II - Red Group - ARG-RUS 2nd singles match; CZE-BEL doubles match; ARG-RUS doubles match

Tuesday
Start of the second competition day in both Round Robin groups – schedule confirmed on Sunday

Wednesday
Completion of second competition day in both Round Robin groups – schedule confirmed Monday

Thursday
Start of third competition day in both Round Robin groups

Friday
Completion of third competition day in both Round Robin groups

Saturday
Final

·
Sitzen ist fürn Arsch
50,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's great imho bec I usually dont want to watch the Germans. :p

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Are you sure? David to play?

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
no way that ivan and ivo will play together
our tennis association will probably make the team ivan, mario, marin, and lovro (zovko)

·
Registered
395 Posts
no way that ivan and ivo will play together
our tennis association will probably make the team ivan, mario, marin, and lovro (zovko)
Why not? Is there a problem between both of them??

Reactions: Jadranka
1 - 20 of 51 Posts