Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19,487 Posts
Dutzee, Nole and the captain Nenad took here the lion's share.

I am not Serbian, but I can truly feel their happiness now.

Very deserved team win overall.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Congratulations Serbia - Idemooo!
Although next time I wouldn't to listen to that propagandist commentator, whatever his name was. 'Play for love of country' and whatever nonsense he was spewing throughout the Cup ties.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Well done Team Serbia. Never seen one Team getting so much Crowd Support. Federer & Nadal are well respected in Australia but particularly Djokovic is beloved in Australia. Probably his 7 Aussie Open Titles are a big Part of it.

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
Congrats! to Serbians and Djokovic's fans. It is good to see Djokovic taking the responsibility and seeing through his country to the victory just like Rafa carried Spain to Davis Cup title recently.

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
I have goosebumps and I can not stop laughing and crying at the same time....

Never expected it and it is far more a feeling than a simple Nole win.

Wish I could have been in Sydney to celebrate with them !!!!!!

Napred svima, Napred Dutzee, Napred Viktore, Napred Nole i dva Kole !!!

Feel like when 10 years younger in Beogradske !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Novak played so well. Look at how much it means to him. He just looked so happy and proud. Such a proud Serbian. Won all his 6 singles matches and 2 doubles ones (against all good doubles players). The best player of the tournament for sure.

It’s so great to see Novak have this kind of support from the crowds for once in his career. He even mentioned about it during the speech. The crowd has been treating the whole team so well and helping them a lot in this win.

The last time Novak helped and led Serbia to winning a team event, he went on a tear and dominated tennis. Hope he would gain massive confidence from this trophy and dominated 2020. I can already feel it’s gonna be a good year for him. Looking forward to AO.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
3,884 Posts
Interesting result, 2nd set between Djokovic and Nadal was very intensive.
Other possibilities were thoughtful...

Big week for Lajovic who wins more points than Doha winner Rublev.

Djokovic 665
Bautista Agut 305
Lajovic 265
Nadal 250

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Big congrats to Team Serbia. TBH usually I don't care about Novak, but when he said he had never experienced any support like that in any matches in the trophy ceremony, I felt very glad for him, because he's honestly very pleasant to his fans and he fully deserves some love.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
well played Serbia!

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Well done Team Serbia. Never seen one Team getting so much Crowd Support. Federer & Nadal are well respected in Australia but particularly Djokovic is beloved in Australia. Probably his 7 Aussie Open Titles are a big Part of it.
There were a lot of Serbians in the crowd.

·
Premium Member
10,304 Posts
There were a lot of Serbians in the crowd.
There were a lot of Australian people with Serbian roots in the crowd....

Except upper middle class from Beograd there are no Serbian people that can afford such a trip for watching tennis, and watching guys and chicks in the crowd, they were definitely not upper middle class.

·
Banned
3,263 Posts
So disrespectful from ATP Cup to put the other guys in the background and Black and White :lol: especially Lajovic who deserves credit as well for the win

I'm surprised to say I actually enjoyed the event, more than I was expecting
Yeah lajovic contributed big time with wins over players like khachanov.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts