Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
macbooks > pc laptops

road warriors and travelers can appreciate macbook construction, hardware/software integration and battery life. macbook’s also run windows 7 perfectly fine with bootcamp so you’re almost getting two laptops for the price of one.

on a related note, i recently switched from an iphone 3gs to a samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket....bad decision. the galaxy was buggy and the hardware felt plasticky and cheap (battery life sucked too). i ended up exchanging it for a iphone 4s and i couldn’t be happier, although the iphone’s screen seems a bit smallish now. samsung needs to hire real industrial designers instead of apple copycats.

my 2 cents.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Macs. But they are overpriced as hell. This is the case with all Apple products: Amazing product, horrible prices
Really? MacBook Air starts at $999. Not many Ultrabooks are priced less than that. And how many tablets similar to iPad (no not Kindle Fire) are priced cheaper than an iPad? :confused:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm sorry for posting here but I have a question, which one is better, PC or Mac? I think that Mac is overrated, is it true?
In my experience, Windows is more prone to viruses. Also, for my type of work a Mac works much better (interpreted programming) and using the terminal is easier.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Reactions: Pedigree

·
Super Moderator
8,494 Posts
I'm sorry for posting here but I have a question, which one is better, PC or Mac? I think that Mac is overrated, is it true?
That question is so 2012 lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haha, we have a secret Linux agent here. Well, I'm for windows defenitely. It is affordable, although not so powerful as ios. You can always add memory, find the best pc tune up and not spend too much on an overrated, as already was said here, Mac. In general, I have a friend whose son is a programmer. He works on ios and he had many problems with installing the environment for coding, so for me personally there is one more reason to choose windows. It is easy to use.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
How is Windows less “powerful” than iOS? Not challenging, actually curious. As someone who uses both every day, iOS seems inferior in every way.

·
Super Moderator
8,494 Posts
Haha, we have a secret Linux agent here. Well, I'm for windows defenitely. It is affordable, although not so powerful as ios. You can always add memory, find the best pc tune up and not spend too much on an overrated, as already was said here, Mac. In general, I have a friend whose son is a programmer. He works on ios and he had many problems with installing the environment for coding, so for me personally there is one more reason to choose windows. It is easy to use.
Programming on iOS is actually a chore and I’m an amateur programmer lol. So yeah Windows is in that regard much better, Linux just top notch even. However, most of the people can’t deal with Linux as they got to invest some time to set up the things they like, while Windows already has most of the settings done

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
How is Windows less “powerful” than iOS? Not challenging, actually curious. As someone who uses both every day, iOS seems inferior in every way.
Windows mobile systems were inferior to iOs in every way imaginable and unimaginable. That's why they got nuked, eventually. Better late than never. :p

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Linux all the way. And I say that with so much smugness.
This. Even though I unfortunately use Windows on most of my devices because I'm too incompetent for Linux. For mobiles iOS still best though.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts