Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my personal TBE top 5 tier based on level of play/talent, not achievements.

Tier 1

Djokovic
Nadal
Wawrinka
Federer

Tier 2

Murray
Sampras
Del Potro

Tier 3

Agassi
Safin
Rios

Tier 4

Nishikori
Nalbandian
Berdych
Roddick
Becker

Tier 5

Ivan Lendl
Davydenko
Tsonga
Hewitt
Ferrer

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
LOL - Ask some of your fans who have been on MTF for a few years.

They will tell you who I am.
The light, the legend, the fear of every Fedtard

Reactions: Master Yoda

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Tier I

Hernandez
Ramirez Hidalgo
Lorenzi
Berlocq
Estrella Burgos
Ram as a new inductee after second Newport title

and then other tiers.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
LOL - Ask some of your fans who have been on MTF for a few years.

They will tell you who I am.
The light, the legend, the fear of every Fedtard
I suppose thats a good thing? Now if you could please stick to the topic.
Damn forget TBE tiers. One MTF generational tier to the next right here...

Cool list, quite a subjective matter, but in my subjective opinion, Rios was ridonkulous in terms of talent. Would be tempted to put him in Tier 1 if not for the addition of level of play. That doesn't really cooperate well with talent for all players.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get the same attention as you do from him, Godsilla, but I lurk about till he makes a new thread so I can delete it. Bit like an online version of knock down ginger. Shh, don't tell him.
Sham Kay is here.

Damn forget TBE tiers. One MTF generational tier to the next right here...

Cool list, quite a subjective matter, but in my subjective opinion, Rios was ridonkulous in terms of talent. Would be tempted to put him in Tier 1 if not for the addition of level of play. That doesn't really cooperate well with talent for all players.
I considered putting Rios peak higher on the list, but the lack of slams would be disrespectful towards greats like Federer, Nadal and Djokovic. I know this tier list shouldnt involve achievements, but not having any slams does trouble me a bit...

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Yoda. Acknowledge achievements or do not, there is no middle ground.

But I think the main problem with your own lists are that you're probably underestimating the talent of players in previous generations. It's too heavy with current generation players for it to be purely talent based. You haven't specified, but even if it's based off just the open era players, I'm sure you can think of several players with greater talent and/or level of play than some of the current gen players you've listed.

It's a tough one to form an informed opinion without watching a crap load of old tennis matches though.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yoda. Acknowledge achievements or do not, there is no middle ground.

But I think the main problem with your own lists are that you're probably underestimating the talent of players in previous generations. It's too heavy with current generation players for it to be purely talent based. You haven't specified, but even if it's based off just the open era players, I'm sure you can think of several players with greater talent and/or level of play than some of the current gen players you've listed.

It's a tough one to form an informed opinion without watching a crap load of old tennis matches though.
I have watched old matches, but wooden rackets, inferior athletes and crappy techniques just blure my vision I guess...

·
Registered
29,236 Posts
YodaKnowsCrap at it again. Garbage list as expected

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
djokovic is tier 2 in talent, he is maximising what you can with high end athleticism with no tennis talent

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
djokovic is tier 2 in talent, he is maximising what you can with high end athleticism with no tennis talent
Nadal is more dependent on athleticism than Djokovic. He's only 1 year older than Novak and is already suffering greatly now that he's getting older and less fit.

·
The special one
14,384 Posts
This is my personal TBE top 5 tier based on level of play/talent, not achievements.

Tier 1

Djokovic
Nadal
Wawrinka
Federer

Tier 2

Murray
Sampras
Del Potro

Tier 3

Agassi
Safin
Rios

Tier 4

Nishikori
Nalbandian
Berdych
Roddick
Becker

Tier 5

Ivan Lendl
Davydenko
Tsonga
Hewitt
Ferrer
Good list, I would have Becker much higher up though, one of the best ever at the net, best vollyer and one of the best one handed backhands along with roger and stan

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Djokovic is #1? Awesome! Another little league trophy to Novak! A moral victory for his most loyal turds. The bestestest evurrr trophy... he can put that right next to his little league M1000s.

"I am the bestestest TBE in the whole entire world."

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Yoda, my notes & corrections are below in red! :wavey:

Tier 1

Djokovic
Nadal
Wawrinka nope, not yet -- replace with Sampras
Federer

Tier 2

Murray
Sampras definitely Tier 1
Del Potro that '09 run but it was very short-lived

Tier 3

Agassi
Safin deserves Tier 2 undoubtedly -- and by far over Delpo
Rios nah not even close

Tier 4

Nishikori JUST NO...lol
Nalbandian
Berdych way too high, this mug
Roddick I wouldn't put him above any of your Tier 5 besides Ferrer and maybe Davydenko
Becker
+ Rafter

Tier 5

Ivan Lendl
Davydenko
Tsonga
Hewitt
+ Ferrero
Ferrer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts