1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great win by FAA:

- 5th CH Final in his career (3-1)
- first HC final
- if he wins, he will have 2nd most CH titles as a junior player behind Gasquet (5 titles); right now he's co-second with Djokovic and Murray with U18 titles (3)
- if he wins, he will be around 99th position in Race and 107th in Entry
- Ancic (89th), Nadal (51st), Murray (64th), Djokovic (78th), Del Potro (92nd), Young (100th), Zverev (83rd), Shapovalov (51st) - these players were in top100 at the end of their junior career in XXI century. Few others (Coric, Gasquet) made top100 as juniors but weren't in top100 in their year-end ranking at the end of junior eligibility. That's some solid company to meet, so I hope Felix will make it.

So I guess this year isn't that disappointing after all if he wins tomorrow and in next weeks. :)

ps

He made this final after winning qualies and beating Denis Istomin in QF. :)

·
Registered
748 Posts
On one hand I’m so happy and exited for Felix. He hat a great win against Chung, then a first round loss in the challenger before and here we went all the way through Qualies to compete for the title tomorrow.
OTOH this means playing 9 days in a row if he still plays the Antwerp Qualies..tough schedule and Tashkent is not next door. This is really strange scheduling but he is young and if he is fit enough to do it, why not? Pretty sure he will bump out early in Belgium though..

·
Super Moderator
18,661 Posts
Re: Tashkent SF: FAA def. Gerasimov 64 76

On one hand I’m so happy and exited for Felix. He hat a great win against Chung, then a first round loss in the challenger before and here we went all the way through Qualies to compete for the title tomorrow.
OTOH this means playing 9 days in a row if he still plays the Antwerp Qualies..tough schedule and Tashkent is not next door. This is really strange scheduling but he is young and if he is fit enough to do it, why not? Pretty sure he will bump out early in Belgium though..
Winning this title would mean getting up to around 107 in the rankings and at the door of direct entry to Australia. He only has 15 points left to defend before the end of the year. I'm not sure Antrewp is a must in that scenario, though he could make it for a late Sunday afternoon match there if needed. Basically if he wins tomorrow he's around 50 points out of the top 100, and one more solid result this season would accomplish that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts