Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think Murray henman double is the call for today no doubts in my mind, Henman is still injured and can't serve at the best of times, he will struggle to hold serve and Murray to good for Pavel/

MurrayxVerdasco double.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
contrails said:
popp over phau @ 1.83
santoro over melzer @ 1.65

My picks.... Popp much more experienced and santoro tb out of form melzer

Any comments??
Too me, both are too close to call, especially Santoro. Melzer can do well but he can also easily choke a 2-set lead

·
Registered
602 Posts
how can u not bet on goldstein , guga didn`t play a SINGLE MATCh on hard all year , disastrous form for him .

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
OK folks here are my bets for tonight and my advice is too steer clear of these as I lost 25 units at New Haven last Monday and another 3 units yesterday.

You Have been Warned

10 Units Fabrice Santoro over Jurgen Melzer at $1.60
8 Units Fernando Verdasco over Tim Henman at $2.00
8 Units Jamea Jackson over Jill Craybas $1.87
1.5 Units Nicolas Lapentti over Radek Stepanek $2.55
0.5 Units Bethanie Mattek over Mariana Diaz - Oliva $2.20

Early Parlay

5 units on 4 or 5 of these TBA Myskina/Maleeva/Mauresmo/Moya/Mathieu/Spadea/Goldstein

Late Parlay
5 units on 4 or 5 of these
Pierce/Chakvetadze/O.Rochus/Kiefer/Srichaphan

GL all
well better luck than I have been having of late.

·
Registered
17 Posts
don't know why anyone would want to risk a bet against an ex #1 player in the world(goldstein and guga).... personally its still a risk....

thats my 2c.

·
Registered
698 Posts
sy_iceman said:
don't know why anyone would want to risk a bet against an ex #1 player in the world(goldstein and guga).... personally its still a risk....

thats my 2c.

Not at all that doesn't come into it ex number 1, he hasn't played on hardcourt for so long, i would not put anyone off backing Goldstein who is in fairly good form coming in.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Groenefeld looks like good money @ 1.27. Brandi hasnt won a match in weeks, while Groenefeld was hot lately. Im gonna parlay it with JCF and Verdasco. Brings me a nice price of 3.20.

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
Woohooooooooooo pay day which means bullets to punt...........!!!!!!!!!!!............. hmm Henman to beat Verdasco @1.83 .........is it really a back injury or pure gamesmanship?

Ancic to beat [email protected] .he my as well not unpack his bags

Monfils to beat Djokovic @1.50 ....unless of course he knows i am betting for him and purposely screws me up

Schuettler to beat Starace @1.53 ....normally i don't touch Schuettler matches but has beaten Starace twice this year already including once on clay

Wawarinka to beat Ram @1.57 ...........mainly because have not heard of Ram

Spadea to beat Weiner @1.40 ...........same reason as above...........

·
Registered
698 Posts
AceMaan said:
Woohooooooooooo pay day which means bullets to punt...........!!!!!!!!!!!............. hmm Henman to beat Verdasco @1.83 .........is it really a back injury or pure gamesmanship?

Monfils to beat Djokovic @1.50 ....unless of course he knows i am betting for him and purposely screws me up

Schuettler to beat Starace @1.53 ....normally i don't touch Schuettler matches but has beaten Starace twice this year already including once on clay

Your choice dude, but in my opinion your selectons are quite dodgy, there are a few question marks over all your selection's, Ancic is around 1.23 there are lots of other matches with similar odds in my eyes that are much better value.

I have had a little acca

Stepanek x Goldstein x Murray x Verdasco x Santoro

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
AceMaan said:

How can you bet against someone you have never heard of?

I have bet on Wawa and Spadea but that is only because I HAVE heard of Rajeev Ram (who is a good doubles player and had a good run some weeks ago in an ATP tournament, but has not been consistent enough) and Weiner (who has spent most of the last years in Futures)

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
AceMaan said:

Thanks Ace I know who to back now, all the opposite from you as always.

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
Yoel and co. said:
How can you bet against someone you have never heard of?

I have bet on Wawa and Spadea but that is only because I HAVE heard of Rajeev Ram (who is a good doubles player and had a good run some weeks ago in an ATP tournament, but has not been consistent enough) and Weiner (who has spent most of the last years in Futures)
thanks for the constructive feedback..............now ready to consolidate with the following parlay Monfils x Wawa x Spadea @3.40

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
I don't know why everybody think Arthurs will beat Sanguinetti...If I'll bet on that match, I'll go with the Italian maybe...

G

·
Parlaying the following with some heavy favs:

Jackson x Jankovic x Mauresmo x Groenfeld x Medina Garrigues = $3.80 (5 units)

good luck

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The Gucci one said:
10 Units Fabrice Santoro over Jurgen Melzer at $1.60
8 Units Fernando Verdasco over Tim Henman at $2.00
8 Units Jamea Jackson over Jill Craybas $1.87
On the same bets..good to know someone is wit me!! :wavey:

41 - 60 of 158 Posts