Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Top 100 win for Big Foe, keeps FO WC race firmly in his hands. :worship::worship::worship::worship: BIG FOE!

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
LOL This match had everything, Bagnis outplaying Tiafoe, very even 2nd set with no BP till when Tiafoe out of the blue had 3 consecutive BPs to serve for the set and Bagnis saved them all. Bagnis gets the early break in the tie break and reaches 5-2 with Tiafoe forced to hold both his serves end eventually getting to 5-5 at which point Bagnis slipped on the court during that decisive rally and Tiafeo played a nice point to seal the set on his serve. Also got the obvious early break in the 3rd when Bagnis completely checked out of the match only to break back at 3-3 and losing again in the next game at deuce. All of that with horny tennis moms, one in particular, courtsiding and rooting like Liverpool hooligans for Tiafoe, a lovely beef between the players about celebrations and lack of apologies on net cords, friendly reconciliations and a ranting Bagnis with the umpire after all the crucial games lost.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
LOL This match had everything, Bagnis outplaying Tiafoe, very even 2nd set with no BP till when Tiafoe out of the bluu had 3 consecutive BPs to serve for the set and Bagnis saved them all. Bagnis gets the early break in the tie break and reaches 5-2 with Tiafoe forced to hold both his serves end eventually getting to 5-5 at which point Bagnis slipped on the court during that decisive rally and Tiafeo played a nice point to seal the set on his serve. Also got the obvious early break in the 3rd when Bagnis completely checked out of the match only to break back at 3-3 and losing again in the next game at deuce. All of that with horny tennis moms, one in particular, courtsiding and rooting like Liverpool hooligans for Tiafoe, a lovely beef between the players about celebrations and lack of apologies on net cords, friendly reconciliations and a ranting Bagnis with the umpire after all the crucial games lost.
:worship::worship:

·
MONSOON season.
81,982 Posts
He is in such great form :eek:

Bagnis in the Top 100 though :lol:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
It's a very good sign that Tiafoe keeps gutting out close win after close win.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
I'd prefer he had an easier time of things and got himself into such precarious positions less often, but yeah... he's only just turned pro.

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
Tiafoe keeps winning and winning ugly.

Can he be the next Arthur Ashe? Or even better? Too early to tell.

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
Lot of young talents about. What makes you think Big Foe is a legend in the making?
He is 18-2 in 3 set matches this season, a ridiculous record, especially for a 17 yo kid

LOL This match had everything, Bagnis outplaying Tiafoe, very even 2nd set with no BP till when Tiafoe out of the blue had 3 consecutive BPs to serve for the set and Bagnis saved them all. Bagnis gets the early break in the tie break and reaches 5-2 with Tiafoe forced to hold both his serves end eventually getting to 5-5 at which point Bagnis slipped on the court during that decisive rally and Tiafeo played a nice point to seal the set on his serve. Also got the obvious early break in the 3rd when Bagnis completely checked out of the match only to break back at 3-3 and losing again in the next game at deuce. All of that with horny tennis moms, one in particular, courtsiding and rooting like Liverpool hooligans for Tiafoe, a lovely beef between the players about celebrations and lack of apologies on net cords, friendly reconciliations and a ranting Bagnis with the umpire after all the crucial games lost.
lol, sounds like a great atmosphere. Tallahassee is a very black town so it is not surprising to hear that Tiafoe had plenty of support

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
He is 18-2 in 3 set matches this season, a ridiculous record, especially for a 17 yo kid

lol, sounds like a great atmosphere. Tallahassee is a very black town so it is not surprising to hear that Tiafoe had plenty of support
How sure are you on Tiafoe, and - other than him showing great resilience in his fledgling pro career - why?

There are many young talents. Why is Tiafoe any better than the rest of them? Coric, Rublev, Hyeon, Zverev, and others.

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts
How sure are you on Tiafoe, and - other than him showing great resilience in his fledgling pro career - why?

There are many young talents. Why is Tiafoe any better than the rest of them? Coric, Rublev, Hyeon, Zverev, and others.
18-2 is just insane, I can't remember how many 3 set matches he was winning in a row earlier this year in futures. You cannot just put that off as "great resilience", there is something DEEPER inside this kid, a deeper greatness inside him that none of the others have other than perhaps Coric

But still it is very very early for all these kids, give them time

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
18-2 is just insane, I can't remember how many 3 set matches he was winning in a row earlier this year in futures. You cannot just put that off as "great resilience", there is something DEEPER inside this kid, a deeper greatness inside him that none of the others have other than perhaps Coric

But still it is very very early for all these kids, give them time
Well at the moment he seems a bit like Goku. His power level rises depending on the opponent.

Elsewhere, I refer to Tiafoe as my wildcard for greatness from his generation, because from what I've seen, he has a willingness to develop an absurd tool kit and has athleticism to boot. He is very raw though, but easily the most exciting prospect from his age bracket IMO.

The first match I watched of his was the 2013 Orange Bowl final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNhtwB153OY

You've probably seen it. What I see is a young man who wants very much to express himself on the court. His style is often daring and speculative, and with the right guidance, that speculation could turn into a fearsome and vast repertoire of tennis skills.

It's crucial though, that he irons out some of the deficiencies in his game and never becomes complacent. I believe, like you, that he has a special talent.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well at the moment he seems a bit like Goku. His power level rises depending on the opponent.

Elsewhere, I refer to Tiafoe as my wildcard for greatness from his generation, because from what I've seen, he has a willingness to develop an absurd tool kit and has athleticism to boot. He is very raw though, but easily the most exciting prospect from his age bracket IMO.

You've probably seen it. What I see is a young man who wants very much to express himself on the court. His style is often daring and speculative, and with the right guidance, that speculation could turn into a fearsome and vast repertoire of tennis skills.

It's crucial though, that he irons out some of the deficiencies in his game and never becomes complacent. I believe, like you, that he has a special talent.
GOAT celebration

·
Your visions will happen
48,563 Posts

Yep, pretty much on point, I agree 100%

Also that match vs. Kozlov, it was SOOOOOOO easy for me to root for Tiafoe

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
great win for him.

A pity Aubone will take him down in next round, but still.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

When will it be that it's not the colour of your skin but the nationality you represent that defines you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts