Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By rights, Tiafoe should've had it in straights - he led by a set and a break midway through the second set (plus points for a double break), and had an early minibreak in the breaker. Third set was a great ding-dong, but Arguello made it out alive after going up a double break and then losing it.

Arguello, meanwhile, may just be the mouthiest player I've ever seen. He just keeps talking. ALL. THE. TIME.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
arguello feasts on young american boys

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Left shot at 3-1 in TB :facepalm:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Credit to Facundo for taking out two great players like JD and Tiafoe

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Congrats to Arguello. Experience showed in the end and deserved winner of the match. Tiafoe will rue leaving that slice in the breaker, but hopefully not for long.

Amazing tournament for him :).

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Arguello, Schwartzman, Bagnis, Delbonis all having good runs lately.

Shame for Tiafoe, beaten with his own style scoreline-wise.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Left shot at 3-1 in TB :facepalm:
After that Tiafoe selfdestructed. He would have won that match in the tiebreak had he not left that. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
What a boring pusher this Arguello is.

It would great Tiafoe winning his first CH title, but anyway amazing last weeks for him. :yeah:

Did he get WC for Roland Garros?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

It would great Tiafoe winning his first CH title, but anyway amazing last weeks for him. :yeah:

Yes, and only this should matter for him. Who could expect it when Sarasota started?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts

Jared Donaldson lost in the SF, so yes.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Just a brutal dip from Tiafoe. It really seemed like a coronation for a set and a half.

As discussed yesterday, Arguello is a total jerk both on the court and off, but credit to him for putting lots of balls in play. It's Facundo's right to berate ball kids and be rude everywhere he goes (including not participating in any voluntary activities), but chair umpires should start warning him for continuous coaching. I feel like Arguello gets away with a lot of stuff that the U.S. players do not because he's "foreign," and many Americans are too untraveled to realize that an asshole is an asshole in any country or language.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't understand why Arguello wasn't warned/called for his constant ranting/complaints/discussion with coaches. It was crazy. In my opinion, he should've been warned for coaching quite early on, and probably for obscenity (I don't speak Spanish, but I'm 99% sure.)

I'm not saying this because I'm a huge Tiafoe fan, though I like him - whoever was on the other side of the court, I'd have been saying the same thing. Distracting as heck for both opponents and fans, and also troubling with the coaching aspect.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Tiafoe, another mental midget with a boring game. Just what we need .

Great for the game when he loses .. Mug

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Facu! He is fun to watch. Really happy he won this. He can be loud and intense on court but I like that (unless he is playing Hora then it pisses me off!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts