Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First interview in a long time by the embattled former ATP pro and TV analyst but some interesting stuff. No doubt he's a solid tennis analyst with a lot of passion and history in the sport. I like him despite his shortcomings and bad temper. I do miss his views and role on Tennis Channel, he was darn good.

Reactions: Quicksand

·
Registered
106 Posts
I thought he was the best Tennis Channel had so I was sad to see him go. I do enjoy Tracy Austin still but without Gimelstob I find myself wishing they could at least give us Brad Gilbert commentary. I miss the critical thinking.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quicksand, I agree, Gimelstob became a very good commentator. He has a sharp eye to break down what's happening in the match, he knows the players, and he loves the sport. I miss his commentary, this article helps to make up for it. Hope he returns to the tv booth at some point. He should be given a second chance to redeem himself.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
106 Posts
If he's gonna list old school guys Dick Enberg was always my favorite. I wont be rude to some he did list. I wonder if he's right about Novak and Rafa. No one can play forever I feel like either or both could be gone in a few years if the body breaks down.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rafa and Djoker both take extreme careful care of their bodies. If something arises there is always stem cell. Maybe they each have used that already. I see both stcking around for years to come, they both still love to battle and their desires to win is still like it was when they were ATP rookies which is amazing. Federer is 39 though, can't tell if he's leaning to quit soon, he could be planning to play another five years too if his body cooperates. Fed still loves playing, it's very clear.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marcelo Rios punched out a guy in a Miami restuarant bathroom the night be became no. 1, his old Nike rep Mike Nakajima told the story in the Marcelo Rios book The Man We Barely Knew. Roddick threatened to beat up Djokovic in the US open locker room. Scott Davis threatened to beat up McEnroe. Gaudio did punch McEnroe in the face inthe Roland Garros locker room. Stuff happens. Life moves on.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, some of us enjoy his hard-hitting journalism.
Right. People still liked to see Mike Tyson box after knowing he had some fights with Robin Givens. Look at all the NFL players who beat up women and the fans still like to watch them play and support them. People still like Phil Collins and Simon Lebon music though they both are on the epstein pedo island flight logs. People still like Errol Flynn movies though his girlfriend was about 14. We're human, we all make mistakes.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes both are on the epstein island flight logs, unfortunately, was big fans of both.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Right. People still liked to see Mike Tyson box after knowing he had some fights with Robin Givens. Look at all the NFL players who beat up women and the fans still like to watch them play and support them. People still like Phil Collins and Simon Lebon music though they both are on the epstein pedo island flight logs. People still like Errol Flynn movies though his girlfriend was about 14. We're human, we all make mistakes.
Putting child abuse and hitting on your wife into the "We're human, we all make mistakes" cathegory 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
****** kids deserves one outcome - immediate death.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts