Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santiago Giraldo is a talented player but very unfortunate that he didn't achieve anything so far. (In the initial days, he had to play good players in the 1st round itself)
His flattening forehands and backhands are very difficult to handle.

He should lift his game and play with more focus to achieve good results.

He recently defeated Andy Murray and I am sure he can beat fedull as well.

Do you guys think Giraldo has what it takes?

Discuss.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
I've taken over 30 games with Pinnacle. Easy money really.

He will push Roger to 4 sets, I don't reckon he'll beat him, primarily because he's simply not good enough imo, even if Roger's in error mode and mood with his backhand, Giraldo is very likely to choke considering who he's playing up against. Also with the magnitude of playing on center court in the fourth round of SW19, that's big, I see him buckling at the finishing line.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

He will push Roger to 4 sets, I don't reckon he'll beat him, primarily because he's simply not good enough imo, even if Roger's in error mode and mood with his backhand, Giraldo is very likely to choke considering who he's playing up against. Also with the magnitude of playing on center court in the fourth round of SW19, that's big, I see him buckling at the finishing line.
Quoted for when Giraldo wins less than 15 games.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You right in saying he might be overawed by the presence of who he's playing up against.
But these days federer with his insane statements is losing respect among players.

One thing I do not agree with is that he's not good enough if roger is in error mode.
I think those days are gone where people use to fear this guy...Chardy has beaten him recently and Stakho has defeated him in the 2nd round last year, so I believe with little more focus and effort Giraldo can beat him in 4 or 5 sets.

By the way they are playing in 3rd round and not 4th round.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Uh, no. Give him a cookie if he takes a set.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must admit, I'm not really in the know about how Giraldo plays on grass, but looking at how he plays on other surfaces, I would say no. I think he's just too inconsistent.
May be you are right, but some times he plays very well and that could be in wimby 3rd round

·
Registered
48 Posts
At least he can use his leg to make returns. Any young guy should take the opportunity to face Frauderer as a gift. A 32-year old shankerer is something they should easily dispatch. But somehow they leave their balls at home when they come to play this Fraudmaster. Man up Giraldo and take this chance to make your name...

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
At least he can use his leg to make returns. Any young guy should take the opportunity to face Frauderer as a gift. A 32-year old shankerer is something they should easily dispatch. But somehow they leave their balls at home when they come to play this Fraudmaster. Man up Giraldo and take this chance to make your name...
Another one.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You are right.
Fedull has created this artificial aura and the entire tennis world fallen into this trap.

Any player who ignores his name can win against him.

He already got an easy draw, but he is not satisfied with that, he started playing mind games...I wonder if stefan edberg is teaching these cheating techniques. If not federer is bringing bad name to stefan edberg with his insane statements.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts