Mens Tennis Forums banner

Which kind of players do you prefer?

• Talented, extremely gifted, I don't care how they do in the tourneys, I just like their game

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Strong mind and shots makes me feel in Heaven!!! I don't mind much admirable shots.

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I'd like all my favs to have both.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I just want my fav players to win either way....JUST WIN, who cares if they're talented or not....

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well, i think, Tennis in most of times depends on mentality,and i don't see how is this not considered an ability, ...having a tennis talent is very nice and gives us the viewers fun , but imagine if a person has talent without mental strength that saves him in Big shots or who loses temper easily? we'll end up with chokers,or with having disappointing results..cuz simply having talent + mental strength =consistent good results ..and a relaxed person sure takes more logical decisions than a paniced person with talent ..it's an ability and a gift..to manage stress..
as for those depending on defensive playing more than aggressive, i said my humble opinion in a thread before, defense in tennis requires patience and good control, it's not an easy thing and finally all good defensive players take their chances at a certain time of the match to win big shots,otherwise, it's non sense...
as for those totally depending on big serve :well, i don't see its equal to mental strength , in any way..and i don't like this style of playing, cuz i think this is not talent ..serve offers big opportunity ,but doing nothing except serving aces ..gives me the most boring tennis match to watch,..
all in all, for the poll: i surely 'd like my favorites to have both:talent and mental strength :cool: :)

Reactions: Neely
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.