Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, has anyone ever taken a small laptop/netbook to Wimbledon? Particularly in the queue. If so, did you have any problems taking it inside? I know you're not allowed to use them in the stands, but I don't remember seeing anything saying that they're prohibited or anything. I might need to stay in touch with work ...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Of course you can use a laptop in the queue...at least I think so, you can never know with this British people.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
At the end of the queue (just before security), there is a luggage service where you can leave your laptop if you are not allowed to take it in.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Why wouldn't someone be allowed to go in with a laptop?

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
And what's wrong with betting? It's not like i'm a player or official or... i don't know. I'm just a fan who gambles. As long as i stay quiet and i'm not disturbing anyone i don't understand why would betting not be allowed

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Just wondering, has anyone ever taken a small laptop/netbook to Wimbledon? Particularly in the queue. If so, did you have any problems taking it inside? I know you're not allowed to use them in the stands, but I don't remember seeing anything saying that they're prohibited or anything. I might need to stay in touch with work ...
Yes you can. The Queue guide states that you can bring anything, so long as it doesn't exceed 16x12x12", and isnt a knife or thermos or flag or political statement etc. While you can include a laptop, I'd question the wisdom of having to lug it around the grounds, but if its for work, don't suppose there's anything you can do about it.

link to the Queue Guide: http://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/W14_CH_046_5_Guide_to_queueing.pdf (relevant pages are 3 and 25)

·
Registered
13,564 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
And what's wrong with betting? It's not like i'm a player or official or... i don't know. I'm just a fan who gambles. As long as i stay quiet and i'm not disturbing anyone i don't understand why would betting not be allowed
A guy at the AO was arrested because he was betting live from the courts, betting live from the courts it's an advantage because you bet in real time..

I don't really remember the story, anyway, I saw multiple times people with iPads at the Wimbledon courts.
Also, you can betting with your phone..

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
A guy at the AO was arrested because he was betting live from the courts, betting live from the courts it's an advantage because you bet in real time..
I call bullshit here. Betting sites nowadays are recieveing the information and the score almost in real time and even if you're there and you think you have an advantage, it's inexistent as they're not accepting your bet in an instance, it takes a few seconds to load and accept the bet so they have enough time to recieve the correct the information and not accept it at those odds.

Also, you can betting with your phone..
Exactly

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would rather watch the tennis and soak in the atmosphere than bother looking at my laptop.
Believe me, so would I, but it's possible that a quick-ish response to a query might be needed, and if the alternative is having to leave the grounds and go all the way into Wimbledon proper, then I know which I'd prefer!

Thanks in particular to Illusive Man for the reference: I hadn't thought to search the site for "tablet". Looks as though I should be okay, provided I carry the thing in my backpack.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know. But unfortunately it's garbage with regard to the things I actually need to do on it :(

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Yes you can. The Queue guide states that you can bring anything, so long as it doesn't exceed 16x12x12", and isnt a knife or thermos or flag or political statement etc. While you can include a laptop, I'd question the wisdom of having to lug it around the grounds, but if its for work, don't suppose there's anything you can do about it.

link to the Queue Guide: http://www.wimbledon.com/pdf/W14_CH_046_5_Guide_to_queueing.pdf (relevant pages are 3 and 25)
No flags? I saw quite a few there today:confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts