Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He won match in singles when he was 38 years old. He won over Yusuke Watanuki (#510).

There are any player when made same or even more aged?

Frantisek Cermak won match in singles aged 38 also but get 0 points for it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Don't know if you can count him as "active", but another Asian "legend", Hyung-Taïk Lee, former top 100 and older than Takao won matchs during the last 12 months.

I guess the current oldest player to be active the whole year is RRH, since Gicquel retired last year.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Haas wants to play Rio 2016 so he'll probably stick around

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Karlovic is 36 yo. and No.22 and beat Djokovic and won ATP title this year.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Isn't this the guy that pushed Federer at AO 2005 and nearly beat him at Tokyo 2006 when he was like ranked 1000?

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Karlovic is 36 yo. and No.22 and beat Djokovic and won ATP title this year.
Big ol' Ivo will probably still be around in his 40s :rolls:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I mostly remember Takao Suzuki for this crazy R1 match he had against Corretja at the 1999 Australian Open. I remember he handed out one of those full ace games. In the end though, I think injury got the better of him (was really hot that day), and Corretja got over the line (was no.3 seed at the time). He instantly became one of my favourite players to watch after the match. Had no idea that he was the same Suzuki that Federer played at 2005 AO, nor that he was still active, mind blown.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Isn't this the guy that pushed Federer at AO 2005 and nearly beat him at Tokyo 2006 when he was like ranked 1000?
Pushed Federer? He lost easily in straight sets without a tie-break being played. In fact, it should've been much easier than it was because Federer screwed up several chances and was basically in every single one of Suzuki's service games. Typical Federer 2nd gear performance.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oren Motevassel (47 years old) earned a point last year by winning a round in a futures main draw. Though I think it was more than a year ago

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
As far as I know, in ATP professional tennis the record belongs to Pancho Gonzàlez with 41 years old

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts