Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Taipei CH F Novak d. Stakhovsky 6-2 6-4

This title came out of nowhere. Novak had a pretty horrible season thus far, his only good win was against Garin in Davis Cup

·
Registered
958 Posts

Novak was gettin' destroyed by almost anyone and their mama a few months ago. He's decent on clay, but I would have never imagined he would win a title on HC. Watched the match vs Sugita a few days ago, Novak played well, but it was more of Sugita just playing mediocre tennis that got him the win. Anyway, good for him but I feel like this is more of a one-time thing than a trend.

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts

Novak was gettin' destroyed by almost anyone and their mama a few months ago. He's decent on clay, but I would have never imagined he would win a title on HC. Watched the match vs Sugita a few days ago, Novak played well, but it was more of Sugita just playing mediocre tennis that got him the win. Anyway, good for him but I feel like this is more of a one-time thing than a trend.
Novak is very much an all-court player.

Glad to see him regain his form here. I still have hope that he can crack the Top 100 one day.

·
Registered
958 Posts

Novak is very much an all-court player.

Glad to see him regain his form here. I still have hope that he can crack the Top 100 one day.
Maybe so, but in my memory his best performances have been on clay. Still remember a battle vs Moroni last summer, one of the best clay court matches I saw last year. He won it and the level was very high. Haven't seen him do well on HC until this tournament. I know he works out with Thiem, so he should get better with time and your hope may become reality soon.

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts

Maybe so, but in my memory his best performances have been on clay. Still remember a battle vs Moroni last summer, one of the best clay court matches I saw last year. He won it and the level was very high. Haven't seen him do well on HC until this tournament. I know he works out with Thiem, so he should get better with time and your hope may become reality soon.
He has qualified for two Grand Slams on hard. I'd actually say it's his best surface. But he grew up on clay, obviously.

On grass, he had his best ever result last year by the way. So he can play on fast courts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts