Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 7 20.6%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine King did not choke the 4th set to Fed and then closed the match in 5 next day.
How would he fared vs R.Nadal in 2011 Roland Garros final?
I think he would have won it in 4 similar to their W&USO matches that year.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Djokovic was undefeated against Nadal that year, including 2 meetings on clay. RG wouldn't have been any different. Djokovic was on another level in 2011, especially against Nadal.

Federer saved him. Novak would have probably won in 4 sets.
Accurate.

970 Posts
I think Dull would’ve taken it in 5 since Dull at RG is his highest level even higher than standard clay level. Faker owned Dull that whole year but it’s like how he kicked Dull’s ass in Monte Carlo in 2013 but couldn’t finish him off at RG that year.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Djokovic would’ve very likely won that. The balls were a lot quicker that year too which would’ve made it much easier for Djokovic to hit through him and it would’ve made the serve/return more of a factor in that match. The balls were so fast at that RG that Isner of all players took Nadal to 5 sets. Federer, though, couldn’t take advantage of the quicker/favorable conditions and flopped as usual against Nadal.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I voted Nadal in 4. Even if he managed to beat Roger and prolong the match, he would be crippled. Beating any combo of BIG3 back to back is insanely hard. On top of that he wouldn't have enough time to rest.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The way Novak had defeated Rafa in the two clay Masters finals the previous month showed that he was able to handle Rafa relatively easily on clay that year. Both those wins were straight sets without tie breakers.

We know that Rafa plays even better in RG than the clay Masters -- but Rafa had developed some kind of mental blockade against Novak that year. Even apart from the 2 clay Masters he lost to Novak, he also lost to Novak in the 2 HC masters (IW and Miami) -- all of these 4 losses were in finals. I have a strong feeling that Rafa may not have been able to perform his best in the RG finals as Novak was in his head that year.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I am a big fan of Rogie, but I feel like his semi-final performance robbed us tennis fans of what would have been the ultimate match. Absolute peak Djokovic with the huge mental edge against peak Nadal on PC in the final. Even worse that Rogie bent over for Dull as per in the final.

Djokovic in four I think would have happened - Nadal had literally no answer to him in 2011. Djokovic 6-4 4-6 7-5 6-2

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
fognini was out - and novak had a too long pause, get out of rhythm
Poor pusher, plays less loses rhythm, plays a bit more schedule killed him.

• Haha
Reactions: redshift36188

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
In hindsight, that match should have happened really. It would have been a good opportunity on his strongest surface for Rafa to take his balls back from Novak during that period and to derail Novak's confidence before Wimbledon and US Open. Who knows that RG match would have shifted the momentum from Novak to Rafa and Rafa would have gone on to win RG plus Wimbledon or US Open, or RG plus Wimbledon and US Open.

The guy that could not beat 40-15erer could have beaten Rafa on Phillippe-Chatrier? Heck, no.
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: at these would haves, could haves, should haves.

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
Poor pusher, plays less loses rhythm, plays a bit more schedule killed him.
You really can't win with these guys.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I think Djokovic would have won in 4, indeed Nadal looked vulnerable in the final against Federer like any other year, but he choked the first set and he was close in the second one, but I think Novak would have the game and the mental one to make the impossible

1 - 18 of 18 Posts