Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another solid performance from Dima.

Saved a couple of break points in the opening game, it might have turned out differently if Santoro broke early.

Good luck in the final ! :yeah:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Congrats Dima! :D

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
"His strength is to make you play as badly as humanly possible," said Tursunov, "but I played the key points well enough and I wasn’t trying to play outside my ability. Over all I’m pretty happy."
:worship:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Dima :woohoo: I am really happy for such a good start to the season :bounce: Go win the title tomorrow Dima :hug:

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
I bet you're happy Rosie! :D
Would be great indeed if he'd win tomorrow. :D Would give him lots of confidence! :banana:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
third Frenchman in a row taken out by Mitya!
Good job!

Can't stand Santoro's ugly game.
Ugly game? I don't suspect you would get a lot of actual players agreeing with you on that. Makes me wonder what you consider a beautiful game.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
a good start to season from Mitya :yeah:
now for a decent AO run, then got basically nothing to defend until June.

go win the final now

·
Registered
216 Posts
third Frenchman in a row taken out by Mitya!
Good job!

Can't stand Santoro's ugly game.
haha. Sometimes I like watching Santoro's tricks, but then again it doesn't seem like he actually hits the many groundstrokes. That might sound stupid, but when I think of him, I automatically think lob, slice, dropshot. I've seen his matches and I honestly can't remember what his actual groundstrokes are like. :confused: I'm proud of Tursunov. Now he needs to translate this kind of form into the Slams. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
haha. Sometimes I like watching Santoro's tricks, but then again it doesn't seem like he actually hits the many groundstrokes. That might sound stupid, but when I think of him, I automatically think lob, slice, dropshot. I've seen his matches and I honestly can't remember what his actual groundstrokes are like. :confused: I'm proud of Tursunov. Now he needs to translate this kind of form into the Slams. :)
Ummm, hits ground strokes majority of the time.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Ugly game? I don't suspect you would get a lot of actual players agreeing with you on that. Makes me wonder what you consider a beautiful game.
lol. I know. I just couldn't remember what they look like. I know he rolls the ball for most of the time. I just felt like being stupid. ;)
I had never watched a match of Santoro until like two years ago (I know something's wrong with my grammar in this sentence :tape:).
I mean I knew he was a tricky player with unusual game and still I couldn't figure out why Safin used to lose to him so often. But after finally watching Santoro's match (don't remember who he played but his opponent was not my fave) I can understand what Marat feels playing him.
Some tennis players may be brainless, some may have technique issues but Santoro seems to be the only one whose groundstokes technique is truly disgusting. He's the only one whose groundtroke technique is LITERALLY non-existent. I don't know who teached him to play like this.
While watching him I wanted to cry it out loud "Get this clown off the court!"

Like I said now I understand Safin's feelings. He's a perfectionist and it's a torture for him to play against the guy whose game is SO wrong and SO ugly.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I had never watched a match of Santoro until like two years ago (I know something's wrong with my grammar in this sentence :tape:).
I mean I knew he was a tricky player with unusual game and still I couldn't figure out why Safin used to lose to him so often. But after finally watching Santoro's match (don't remember who he played but his opponent was not my fave) I can understand what Marat feels playing him.
Some tennis players may be brainless, some may have technique issues but Santoro seems to be the only one whose groundstokes technique is truly disgusting. He's the only one whose groundtroke technique is LITERALLY non-existent. I don't know who teached him to play like this.
While watching him I wanted to cry it out loud "Get this clown off the court!"

Like I said now I understand Safin's feelings. He's a perfectionist and it's a torture for him to play against the guy whose game is SO wrong and SO ugly.
Hmmm...I think I understand where you are coming from. Yes. Let's hear it for conformity. :wavey:

·
Registered
30,480 Posts
Fabrice! :sad: Well I hope he reaches the 2nd round in the AO. It should be fun to watch him play against Federer :).

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Defeat number 406 (all time record) of this boring french clown :yeah:

Second clown eliminated by Tursunov in 3 days . Good job Dmitry

1 - 20 of 24 Posts