14,669 Posts
Re: Sydney R1: Gasquet sweeps past Fognini 6-2 6-1

Quick and easy win for Richard! :yeah:

Istomin next!

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

Richard mastered the wind much better than Fognini. Not a great quality match, but I feel the conditions did not allow much more.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Richard mastered the wind much better than Fognini. Not a great quality match, but I feel the conditions did not allow much more.
I tried to work in a wind metaphor, sweeping was the best I could come up with it. Alternatively I could have said Gasquet blows away Fog.

·
Your visions will happen
49,235 Posts

This is R2 :scratch:

Regardless, Fognini was clearly uninterested here. Got bigger fish to fry in Melbourne.

·
Registered
582 Posts

It's impossible to play tennis in this conditions.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts

I tried to work in a wind metaphor, sweeping was the best I could come up with it. Alternatively I could have said Gasquet blows away Fog.
I missed that subtelty ;), but phrases like sweeping or blowing away are used so often here, even when the weather is totally calm.;)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

gasquet shouldnt be playing this
why not, he might as well to see where his game is at. if he makes short work of his opponents like against Fognini today he doesn't have to worry about exhausting himself at all

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

The Fog just putting in a hard day of work. I expect him to peak at RG.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
nid

·
Registered
6,371 Posts

I missed that subtelty ;), but phrases like sweeping or blowing away are used so often here, even when the weather is totally calm.;)
I would have suggested perhaps 'breezes past'?

·
Registered
124 Posts
RiGa in a easy ride to the finals now with 3 (q)'s in his part of the draw. Especially Istomin should be blown away easily before he breezes past (I guess) Reynolds.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
I lol to people thinking he will make final. Gasquet can always find a way to lose against a mug. Don't forget it.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
what a tank

fognini ridiculing gasquet here

1 - 20 of 24 Posts