Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,493 Posts
Opelka won't go anywhere, another Isner with a just more atrocious FH.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Opelka is totally unwatchable. Just an endless barrage of aces and unreturnables, and that against one of the best returners in the game. What a blight on the sport.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
In my opinion, Reilly Opelka should develop a solid net game and spends his life at the net, this way he has a better chance to obtain some good results here and there. Of course he will always be inconsistent.

·
Registered
600 Posts
In my opinion, Reilly Opelka should develop a solid net game and spends his life at the net, this way he has a better chance to obtain some good results here and there. Of course he will always be inconsistent.
Agreed, his ground strokes were rubbish yet he thought he could hang at the baseline with de minaur, very dumb. I was thinking that his coaches must have noticed he cant rally (doesnt seem to have any spin on his forehand). whack it or deep slice and come in otherwise he is unwatchable.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The one or two times I watched Opelka play, I thought two things. Man he has a big serve. And man he is slow as molasses. Makes for an extra boring watch.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
„one of the best returners“ exaggeration much?
Alex's return maybe doesn't have the consistent aggression of a Djokovic or Nishikori, but he gets an extremely high proportion of serves back into play and backs it up with insane defence. He should have an easier time getting into Opelka's service games than most of the tour.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You have to love Deminaur's fighting spirit, this guy never gives up a point, he's in your face battling every single ball. His effort level makes Kyrgios look like the biggest waste of talent in sports history. Opelka looks better than Isner, with more experience in ATP and more confidence, he will be top 10 threat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts