Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
I was following the live scoreboard from work. Got a bit worried when he served for the match at 5-0 and lost his serve :rolleyes: But well done Dima - I am very happy and proud :woohoo:

Reactions: wenty

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well done Mitya!
Hmm... it's gonna be a tough match in the semis if his opponent is Santoro!
I love an all Russian semi-final!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tursunov vs. Santoro in the Semis.

Santoro won 6-3 6-3 over Korolev.

Interesting match. Tursunov just needs to hit out and move his feet ALOT! That low bouncing, no pace work from Santoro is hell to play against.

I go for Turnsunov 7-6 6-4.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
i was @ the match also, good technique from Dima from all his wings. he is certainly a good hard court player when he is on song like this. The serves were absolute gun shots and the backhand down the line was working. good FH top spin to minimise error count helped. Dima didn't make too many errors until the mini choke at end of 2nd set. Seb had no chance, he wasn't moving that well.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i was @ the match also, good technique from Dima from all his wings. he is certainly a good hard court player when he is on song like this. The serves were absolute gun shots and the backhand down the line was working. good FH top spin to minimise error count helped. Dima didn't make too many errors until the mini choke at end of 2nd set. Seb had no chance, he wasn't moving that well.
Yeah, i noticed that as well. Whenever he sliced, he would simply stroll back to the middle to prepare for the next shot.

PS: Did you see those guys who kept on shouting "Dimitar! Dimitar!" :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts