·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Contented cow now has a home with Wimbledon winner Federer
Agence France-Presse
Gstaad, Switzerland, July 8

Wimbledon winner Roger Federer won't be short of a few fondue fixings after being presented Tuesday with his own personal cow at the 550,000-euro Swiss Open.
Federer, who won Switzerland's first-ever men's Grand Slam title on Sunday, received ownership of "Juiliette," an 800-kilogram bovine complete with a garland of flowers on her head, during a ceremony a few hours before his opening match as top seed.

Federer, who arrived in this alpine village by private jet Monday after lifting his Grand Slam honour, was told by organisers that Juliette will stay in his service, providing him cheese for the rest of her life.

City-boy Federer, who is from Basel, was given the choice of taking his new pet home or - more realistically - letting her remain in the pristine alpine valleys of the Bernese Oberland while providing him with all the cheese he can eat on a regular basis.

There was one small proviso - Federer has to learn how to milk his female friend.

To get him started, the ceremony on the Roy Emerson court also included presentation of a one-legged milking stool, which Federer gamely tried out before expressing his thanks to the home crowd.

"It's great to be a Wimbledon champion, but it's even better to be back in front of my home public. With your help and the confidence I'm bringing back from Wimbledon, I'm sure I'll be able to adjust from grass to the clay."

Federer opened his campaign as top seed later against Spanish qualifier Marc Lopez.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
LMAO! That's so cute!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Well, what do you expect from that country besides cheese :eek:

Cute pix. Romeo and Juliette!

What Roger's really thinking: "What the f--k am I supposed to do with that???"

·
Registered
584 Posts
That cow is HUGE!!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Doesen't this swiss song go perfectly with it??

Mir Senne heis lustig mir Senne heis guet
hei Chäs u hei Anke das giit üs guets Bluet

Hudria holalaiah hudria holalaiah hudria holalaiah hudria holiooo

Tranlates like this:
We alpine herdsmen (sorry couldn't find a shorter word for it ) have fun we alpine herdsmen have it good
We have cheese and we have butter that give's us good blood

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
Doris Loeffel, thanks for the Swiss song and translation. Yes, it fits perfectly! I really like being a part of an international board. The international aspect of tennis is one of the reasons I was drawn to the sport. :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
a mooooooost interesting gift! ;)

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
then has roger taken Juilette home :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts