1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^^^A preview of my dinner later :eek:

Murray over Ancic @1.62
1.75 units to win 1 unit

On the face it this seems a short price, although imo Murray is a worthy favourite and should be a little shorter. He has shown time and time again that he is able to neutralise powerful serves, id expect him to get a fair share of 1st serves back from Ancic and be superior from the back of the court once the ball is in play. He can force Ancic to hit the extra ball and create errors or bring Ancic in and pass off both sides as he did today against PHM (albeit not a superior net player). Furthermore, Ancic never appears to be fully comfortable in finals and here's hoping his 1st serve % continues to drop as we have witnessed this week. Perhaps fatigue of his first tournament back is taking its toll.

GL

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Ancic over Muzza 13/8

GL :yeah:

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
Murray-Ancic OVER 23,5 games @1.85, 7 units
Muzza great favourite here, but Marios bombs could keep croatian alive till a 3rd setter

MOYA over Almugro @2.75, 3 units
Curious fact last year: 1 victory for each in h2h (in South America Moya won), the 2.50ish dog always won.
Don't mind of Carlito almost lose quarter and semi, and stayed on court 2 hours every match...this is another day, another battle; Carlito nothing to lose...all pressure on Mugroz

·
Registered
473 Posts
Murray for sure

GL to all !

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Penneta to win and total under 19.5 games @ 2.7
Karanusic @ 1.7 :eek:

EDIT: Adding Blake 2-0 @ 1.57

·
Registered
73,670 Posts
MOYA over Almugro @2.75, 3 units
Curious fact last year: 1 victory for each in h2h (in South America Moya won), the 2.50ish dog always won.
Don't mind of Carlito almost lose quarter and semi, and stayed on court 2 hours every match...this is another day, another battle; Carlito nothing to lose...all pressure on Mugroz
moya on one leg today

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taking Nishikori @ 5.7 for the big upset - been laying him all week, so time to get my money back. He's been playing well, and surprised many a player I think.
I want to put money on Super Mario and Moya, but since Australia is the worst place timezone-wise I haven't been able to see the match form.

But then again, I am -4U this week, so hurry up tomorrow already.

·
Registered
20,755 Posts
Murray 2 - 0 @ 6/5

Murray has the perfect game to beat Ancic, returns big serves well, uses all of the court aswell and mixes up his shots which mario will hate, he can be quite effective in a slug fest but his technique can often break down when he has to generate his own power and angles. Ancic should tire someway through the match and if murray takes the first set i can;t see him losing the next.

·
Banned
34,157 Posts
Murray v Ancic

Okay, let's look at the serving of the two finalists so far this week.

So far this week, Ancic has faced and saved 7/7 break points against Tsonga, Gabashvili, Soderling and Baghdatis.

While Murray was broken twice by Guta-Halung (saving 4/6), five times by Stani Wawrinka (8/13), saved 1/1 bp's against Mahut, and did not face a bp against PHM. Taking his tally for the week to having saved 13/20 break points.

Ancic's serving (and returning) has been very impressive so far, and against tougher opposition than Murray. Had Baghdatis won yesterday, odds would be pretty much evens for this final. Yet for a couple of reasons, Ancic, who completely outplayed Marcos, finds himself a considerable underdog in this match. One of the reasons is Ancic's terrible record in finals, and the other is Ancic's lack of recent match play.

However, Ancic has beaten Murray before (7-6 6-3 in Auckland, 2006), and at these odds I think he is definitely worth a shot today. If Ancic keeps his head together, I really can't see Murray breaking his serve.

Ancic over Murray @ 2.56

·
Registered
14,038 Posts

·
Registered
14,038 Posts
just asking, how is KNAPP (+6 games handicap) vs. HENIN @2.00?
I saw only belgian this week and she's been awful...I read very solid performances by powerful italian...anyone has seen her live?

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
just asking, how is KNAPP (+6 games handicap) vs. HENIN @2.00?
I saw only belgian this week and she's been awful...I read very solid performances by powerful italian...anyone has seen her live?

Yes i have seen her all week(she has been great) but i am sure she will crumble in the final against henin, occassion will be too big and henin is due a whitewash performance.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Murray should get the job done over Ancic. Think Murray's game is a poor match up for Ancic....Davydenko, Nalbandian and Ferrer all have winning records against Ancic and all are great returners and retrievers, like Murray which indicates that Ancic is not at his best against this type of game. Also have to take into factor Ancic's poor record in finals - 3-6 I would favour Murray to win this match....but not at those odds for me.

·
Banned
1,690 Posts
BIG on Muzza!

1.62 is amazing for Andy, we all now Murray's game is poor for ancic.
I think Ancic played his limit this week even against Soderling, the win against Marcos in straight sets means nothing for me. So I think the final is more as he espect and one more time ancic has (still) not the power to play his big game to beat murray in a final.
Muray constancy returngame and fighting spirit will kill super mario, only murray second serve is a poorness!

·
Banned
1,690 Posts
BIG on Muzza!

1.62 is amazing for Andy, we all now Murray's game is poor for ancic.
I think Ancic played his limit this week even against Soderling, the win against Marcos in straight sets means nothing for me. So I think the final is more as he espect and one more time ancic has (still) not the power to play his big game to beat murray in a final.
Muray constancy returngame and fighting spirit will kill super mario, only murray second serve is a poorness!
WON!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts