Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,

i have 2 tickets for the centre court on wednesday july 3rd.

my main goal is to watch federer and since he is the 2nd seed he will play on thursday july 4th assuming he wins his first round match.

if someone here has 2 centre court tickets for thursday and want to swap tickets with me i will be very happy to do that.

nole is suppose to play his 2nd round match on wednesday assuming he wins his first round and nadal could also play on that day if he'll be in nole's half of the draw.

before anybody writes this, i know wimbledon prohibits swapping tickets. i am willing to take the chance.

cheers,

erez.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Just curious, do they have names on tickets or some other way of identifying the buyer?

Good luck with your search, hope you get to watch Fed.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just curious, do they have names on tickets or some other way of identifying the buyer?

They do have names on tickets but they’re never checked in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

thanks :smile2: i have to pick up the tickets at wimbledon so i dont know

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My sister is in London, I told her to go watch Roger there, and I'm a Djokovic fan...

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
They do have names on tickets but they’re never checked in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know about Wimbledon, but at RG, they checked names and wanted to see an ID with photo even for basic ground tickets this year.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Damn, unfortunatley i can't help you. i've got centre court tickets for the same day too. hadn't even thought about the seedings. i guess i would rather see Federer.... but Djokovic and Nadal wouldn't be too bad! Is that definitely set? 1st seed's half first and 2nd seed's half the next day?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
Damn, unfortunatley i can't help you. i've got centre court tickets for the same day too. hadn't even thought about the seedings. i guess i would rather see Federer.... but Djokovic and Nadal wouldn't be too bad! Is that definitely set? 1st seed's half first and 2nd seed's half the next day?
I think it has always been defending champion first day

·
The special one
14,033 Posts
I think it has always been defending champion first day
The way it gets done is Men's defending champion plays first match on CC (Djokovic) and women's defending champion plays first match on CC on day 2, so as 2nd seed that'll mean Federer will play Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday in week 1.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Guys, what's wrong with you? You are supposed to want to watch Nadal and Djokovic...
I used to watch tennis before Đoković emerged, and gladly can see beyond one-player tardism. I watched Roger twice live already, and I strongly recommend the spectacle to everyone. He plays almost effortlessly, a joy to watch, what's the problem?

·
justice for all
13,139 Posts
I used to watch tennis before Đoković emerged, and gladly can see beyond one-player tardism. I watched Roger twice live already, and I strongly recommend the spectacle to everyone. He plays almost effortlessly, a joy to watch, what's the problem?
Just kidding. And on what occasions did you see Roger life?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Just kidding. And on what occasions did you see Roger life?
Jokes on me then, took the bait there. :grin2:

In Halle, two matches in 2016. against Struff and Jaziri. Best I could afford at that moment. He played just enough well to win both in straights, but still produced some nice shots and rallies. I missed QF vs Goffin because my flight was on thay day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last year, my sister and I had tickets for men's 1/4s for CC with the expectation that on that day 1 vs 8, 2 vs 6 would be featured on CC but Wim f**ked us. We chose this knowing there are no guarantees that the seeds would win but we were pretty sure that that the top seeds would be playing on CC. Buuutt the night before, Wimby scheduled 12 vs 24 to dump 1 vs 8 off CC. 1 being Fed. We were prepared for the Fedal double-header but Wim did a bone head move by bumping defending and all-time champion and number-one seed off of CC cause someone was complaining about not being on CC but that's already been hashed out.

Anyway,we had debenture tickets for a great spot on CC to the right of Royal Box POV, 5 rows back of player's box on that side. Great view of players seats, umpire. But we were anticipating Fedal double-header. My sister's dream was to see Fed on CC. We did everything right but Wim f**ked us.

We made signs and stood near Court 1 asking people to trade comparable tickets with us. I had a sign which said "Do you hate Roger Federer? Good, switch tickets with me!" I hoped there were some Djokovic fans who want to go to CC to follow their hero, all I heard was crickets from this pov. Some people argued that the Djok-Nish match was the better value but I knew it wasn't. Anderson was playing well and on grass, a big server always has a chance to beat the better player. And Djok owns Nish. I was right, boring match.

My sister was stood up next to souvenir stand to left of main draw board when Wim security guy came up to her to tell her to take down her sign and go talk to ticket off us. Everyone who heard our story agreed that Wim f**ked up my moving Fed even the security guy. He was very polite though and my sister kept him focused on her while kept trying to negotiate a trade from where I was standing at bottom of the Court 1 steps.

After talking to a few people who didn't have comparable tickets, a young fellow Canadian approached me asking about the tickets, he had camped out and got tickets for Court 1. So he wanted to see my seats and vice versa. His seats were row 6 slightly to right of umpire, amazing seats. He and his fiance were excited for CC seats and the perks with the debenture tickets so we switched. No IDS required, nothing. BTW, you can go walk into CC before the matches start and walk amongst the seats if you wish to take a tour around.

So Fed was sitting about 50 feet in front of us on Court 1.

He won the first 2 sets with ease. Some knob behind me who was a Fed fan started cheering for Anderson cause he wanted to see more tennis. After Anderson won the 3rd, I turned to him and said "You do realize Fed can lose?" I have watched enough tennis to recognize a player feeling good about his game and seeing how Fed wasn't get break chances like earlier in the match. He was very sheepish after the 4th and moreso after the loss.

So it was a fantastic match even though Fed lost. Much better than the first match on CC. One pundit, some British guy on Tennis podcast, argued that the change of matches was better cause the 12 vs 14 was the more competitive. I called bulls**t on this since when do the main courts at any event care about competitiveness? By that rational, 1 vs 84 should never be on CC, it's a boring matchup. Serena should not be playing on CC until the 1/4s since most of her matches are uncompetitive in early rounds.

Anyway, after the Fed match, we watched a little of Raonic/Isner and noticed that the Nadal/Del Potro match was heading to 5th set. Fortunately it was the same day that Eng was playing in the World Cup semis so people were leaving for that matchup. I popped up to the resale booth, pinched a couple of front row tickets for 30 pounds total and we watched was arguably the greatest single set of tennis ever played at Wimbledon in the 5th. We sat in the corner diagonal from Rafas player's box.

BTW, Centre Court is amazing compared to Court 1. The atmosphere is electric as soon as you walk in, it feels so different. Court 1 is just another outside court.

Also, some people who queued up made deals with people to share their tickets so they could see both CC and Court 1 matches.They would switch seats after an hour or after a set so they could see all the players on both courts. It was a good idea to get the best experience unless you just wanted to see a single player.

So we missed Fed on CC but we got to see both Fed and Nadal in great matches! But I haven't forgiven Wimby and others for the bump. We never went back afterwards even for GA to watch on Henman's Hill. Probably will never go again but it was great once in lifetime experience.

So don't be afraid to try to trade, just be a bit sly about it cause you might not get a friendly security guy like us. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts