Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Mayer's groundies are so unsuited for grass :lol: Shock to see him in R3, but it's nice to see.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2 Mayer def Baggy 7-6(4) 4-6 6-1 6-4

Bagman has not recovered since forgetting to thank girl friend at AO final years ago against Roger

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Vamos! :D In the race he's top 50, best result here ever too!
To top it off, Ferrer (or Kuznetsov, lol) is a winnable match right now.
Shame about Marcos, though.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Re: Wimbledon R2 Mayer def Baggy 7-6(4) 4-6 6-1 6-4

Mayer's groundies are so unsuited for grass :lol: Shock to see him in R3, but it's nice to see.
He's actually quite good on grass.

·
Registered
12,469 Posts

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
:facepalm: baghy :spit:

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
I thought this was a rather bizarre performance by Baghdatis. After he won the second set, he was quite animated and tried to pump up the crowd. Then someone in the crowd fainted and the match was interrupted for a good 20 minutes. After that, he didn't seem to care anymore and more or less rolled over.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought this was a rather bizarre performance by Baghdatis. After he won the second set, he was quite animated and tried to pump up the crowd. Then someone in the crowd fainted and the match was interrupted for a good 20 minutes. After that, he didn't seem to care anymore and more or less rolled over.
Ah really? I was following live scores and was convinced Mayer was having another MTO, as he had in the second.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Seppi's loss doesn't seem so bad now.

Loe Mayer having a time of his life on grass :lol:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I was at this match yesterday and it was very depressing indeed. In the first two sets Marcos was well in it, and probably should have capitalised on the several break points he had in the first (although he did save some of his own). After winning the tie-break the momentum seemed to be with him - he gestured to the crowd, and I was hopeful he could complete the comeback.

However as bavaria100 has said someone collapsed in the crowd, and after that interruption Bag never really recovered. He folded in the third - like I've seen him do many times - and couldn't recover any form in time to challenge for the 4th. The way he just collapses and gives up in sets has always been a problem, and the issue occurred again yesterday. He didn't even look tired either, so it was pretty dispiriting to see him lose like this.

Mayer had some decent groundstrokes but really offered very little else in terms of variety. Can't see him making it past the 4th round, but who knows.

What makes this even worse though is Ferrer dropping out - Marcos had a great opportunity to make the 4th round here and he's blown it, there's no way around that fact. I'm almost certain he'll never get a better chance to make the second week of a Grand Slam than this.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
The excitement machine from 2006 is never coming back guys, let it go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts