Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, who picked Anastasia Myskina to reach the Leipzig final? Not me, but I am thrilled. This is (finally!!!) a very exciting time for Russian tennis! Two WTA events this week, featuring two young Russian finalists. :)

I just hope that Nastya is not all worn out when she gets to Moscow to start her home campaign! She was a semifinalist there last year and I'm sure she'd love to do that well again in her homeland. :)

Best of luck tomorrow AND next week, Anastasia! :hearts: :) :kiss:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I picked Kim to win but i definitely said 3 tight sets and said that she was ready to WIN--i am thrilled for her:)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
best of luck to Myskina. i like her. this is nice news -- her game just keeps improving. and if she beats Serena my respect for her will go up exponentially!

but of course i hope Serena wins!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am very happy for Nastya. :) Very surprised she won over Kim because she is a great player but it was tight.

Best of luck to you Nastya. :bounce:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Myskina seems poised to make a run at the top ten. She is clearly the best of the Russian women on the WTA Tour!

And what's most impressive about Myskina is that she can do a little bit of everything on the court. And she's not as skinny as I thought she was. Her Lady Godiva GQ photo proves that! ;)

But next year she needs to play better in the grand slams.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well done Nastya, you're really making me proud

Aus 2003 will be the breakthrough GS event for Nastya. There's no reason to choke anymore, since she finally won a title.

She won't be exhausted... instead motivated and playing 100% :D

She's real Top 10 material... 2000+ points now... approaching more and more... unfortunately she will drop some pts next week but she will defend them, hopefully.

Best of luck against Serena tomorrow. Give her some trouble, mix your pace and hit that fearless backhand DTL :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts