Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The government has crossed the line

President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner refused to ease tax increases on agricultural exports, facing down angry farmers embroiled in a nationwide strike that has all but halted production in one of the world’s biggest beef-exporting nations. Scattered shops began emptying of beef, milk, chicken and cooking oil Tuesday. Vowing not to “give in to extortion,” the president declared in a televised address that her government would not grant any concessions to the striking farm and ranch workers.
Kirchner's matrimony and Argentinian's Government has put over a 30-45% retention to export agriculture goods.

What is a retention tax?

Picture this, one day the government comes into your industry (remember we re an agriculture country) and says "hey, you re making money! Ill take 35% of your gross sales, then, after that, ill put 21 of VAT and all other taxes I do normally".. how would you feel?

Government has crossed the line. Over the past 20 years, the country has turn it's back to the agriculture+longhorn. They never given any kind of subsides, and litteraly almost killed productors of raw goods in the country, making them on their own

Now that the dollar is high and exports bring good money to that sector, 4 or more years ago, ex president and husband of Christian Fernandez de Kirchner, Nestor Kirchner started putting this "retention" tax to the agriculture-longhorn section. As years gone by, this retention has started to grow.. 20%..30%..35%..and now reaching astronomical numbers of 45%..

What the government seems not to understand, is that this meassure affects not only the rich and wealthy who has land, but also the small peasants, the people who live of that, who live in the country.. who live outside the city, outside the big cities.. id say, a big piece of the country, geografically, enormous

Moreover, there is yet no proof what is good for taking that money from the sector. There is no turnback to people, streets arent better, roads arent better, nothing is done.. Probably another pocket money for the polititian class

The agricultural sector of Argentina has decided to call on a strike after taking months and even years of abuse and has called this strike

The government said, in the worst kind of haughtiness and pride comment today:

"i will not let anyone extortion me"
"this is the strike of the abundance"
"this is almost a comedy act"

What was the result of these words?

A suddent outburst of people, grabbing their saucepan spontaneously and banging it for more than 4 hours.

A strike march was planned by around 9.30-10 pm..

President's speech was 2 hours earlier.. as soon as she stopped speaking, people went on the streets, and started gathering together and smashing saucepans, and whisling all over the city..and moreover all over the country simultaneously

I live in Buenos Aires, the capital city, and I can tell the city was full of this energy.. unbelievable..

Without thinking my whole family was suddenly on the streets marching towarss the pink house ..

We stayed until 10.30 pm (from around 8pm) marching and supporting this cause..

When I got back home, I was horrorized to find out on TV, a sindicalist and Piqueteer (some thug bully race of people who have the habit of blocking streets and ask for sometimes valuable things but in the worst possible way , with violence and spraypainting and vandalism) called Luis D'Elia -i believe- was sent to repress this people calling an anti-march with their thugs

People -actually families, babies, old people, old ladies mostly, all peaceful- from the march had to get out of the place running because this thugs paid by the government came and started looking forward to clashing against us.

They did get the ones on the tale of the march, and some where even injured.. This D'elia was caught on tv punching someone..

Really really disgraceful

and this is only the tip of the iceberg of what had gone tonight in my country...

I didnt want to overflow it.. but, I just needed to let everybody know what is really going on in my country, I know many others argentinian can and would add a lot of info

Let's all stay together and support the farms of our countries!!

SAY NO TO BULLISM!! NO TO CHRISTINA KIRCHNER AND LUIS D'ELIA!
YES TO THE PEOPLE FROM OUR COUNTRY! THE TRUE PEOPLE!

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
That's because you guys watched passively the destruction of Argentina's industry during that dolarisation period. Tough stuff now that the government can't tax the most dynamic part of the economy and the one that can rebound easier the prices to the consumer...

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's because you guys watched passively the destruction of Argentina's industry during that dolarisation period. Tough stuff now that the government can't tax the most dynamic part of the economy and the one that can rebound easier the prices to the consumer...
are not actually in favour of the president's posture, are you :unsure:

she is a motherf.. stealer! :p she has no right to take away 45% of the price of sth just because she has power :shrug:

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
are not actually in favour of the president's posture, are you :unsure:

she is a motherf.. stealer! :p she has no right to take away 45% of the price of sth just because she has power :shrug:
No I'm not, but I can understand the motives... the state is broken and with no industry to tax...

·
Registered
34,672 Posts
Fiber just says what people say. I dont agree with you, you should understand why the government is taxing them.

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I'm not, but I can understand the motives... the state is broken and with no industry to tax...
man there is no reason why the government should stick their big fat hand in people's pocket just because

firstly the government is doing nothing with that money, it goes to their bank accounts in switzerland.. no improvement of anything whatsoever..

if government should stop stealing and actually do things with the current budget without retentions we would be doing 10 times better.. this has nothing to do with this tax.. this is just greedy and a power struggle between politics and the people.. cos these guys are addicted to power

Fiber just says what people say. I dont agree with you, you should understand why the government is taxing them.
:bigwave: like you knew something about life

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also the government isn't stealing. There's taxing everywhere in the world and nobody calls it stealing.

man.. inform yourself

name me 1 place in the free world where you have 45% of a tax, then, on the 55%, 21% tax on top of it.. and no refund or return whatsoever, just because government see people earning money in a decent way :retard: @ kretina

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The question is: "would YOU accept to be taken 44% of your earnings so they use it for buying food to people dying of hungry literally speaking?"
I say I would... if only they'd use it that way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Typicall from you Fiber. Do you have personal opinion?
name me the economy minister and what's the economy plan and ill answer you :bigwave:

by the way, use that time checking the web to find the task ive just given you :)lol: cos im 100% sure you re clueless about what i just said..and that should be something to be converned) to do something good for you, which is informing yourself :)

ill be happy to know you ll end up knowing a lil bit more about yourself and your country, cos your ignorance is really a reflect of your bubble life inside a private neighbourhood outside the city in the middle of a golf court :) :bigwave:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Also the government isn't stealing. There's taxing everywhere in the world and nobody calls it stealing.
The question is not only whether the tax is fair. It goes much deeper than that. Argentina is a federal country. Some taxes imposed by the federal government must be shared with the provinces (for instance, the income tax). It's a constitutional mandate. Other taxes, such as this one, do not have to be shared with the provinces. So, this new tax means that the federal government is, by presidential decree, imposing a new tax that does not have to be "shared" with the provinces. And, as a consequence of this new tax, the provinces will get less money from the distribution of the income tax.

Why is the federal executive doing this? Since this tax does not have to be shared, the proceedings can be distributed among the different provinces at will (basically friendly provinces get cash, non friendly provinces get none).

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
You're all very sensitive. Brazil has the same kind of cascading taxes. The matter is: do you prefer the government's bankruptcy? I bet you don't.

·
Banned
42,099 Posts
man.. inform yourself

name me 1 place in the free world where you have 45% of a tax, then, on the 55%, 21% tax on top of it.. and no refund or return whatsoever, just because government see people earning money in a decent way :retard: @ kretina
Brazil man.

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well.. if you re for it, then great!

your goverment somehow pushes Brasil into the top .. our government pushes us to the bottom.. we re sinking, there is no greater good coming from this.. thats the problem

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
man there is no reason why the government should stick their big fat hand in people's pocket just because

firstly the government is doing nothing with that money, it goes to their bank accounts in switzerland.. no improvement of anything whatsoever..

if government should stop stealing and actually do things with the current budget without retentions we would be doing 10 times better.. this has nothing to do with this tax.. this is just greedy and a power struggle between politics and the people.. cos these guys are addicted to power

retenctions are not a plan for taking money by the government to increase their bank accounts :lol:
It is all part of an economic plan. maybe the % is too much. but it have a sense. per ex. avoid the inflation increase, and promote the wheat, corn, and another products etc (instead the soja).
the soja is an special cultivation

this doesn`t mean I favour Cristina`s government. but reading your last post. I feel u are exagerating the sense of the things

it is not about taking all the money like u are saying. :lol: just that.

about D`Elia and Moyano . this guys are :silly:
they use this guys like the pretorian guard of the government :eek:
very sad. impresentables

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye67Cj5jbxU
this video is good. check it
Cristina is quite contradictory when he talk about "señoras paquetas" (rich womans). look her :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
In fact, people cultivated soy to earn 220u$. Thanks to the gov. inflation and invests to keep the Dollar high (here the dollar is around 3,10 pesos when the real dollar is 2 pesos) they are now winning, including the retention, 280u$.

And retentios are for exportation. People is starving, costs are high and they don't even care about it...

I hate to discuss about this in english T_T

·
Registered
34,672 Posts
name me the economy minister and what's the economy plan and ill answer you :bigwave:

by the way, use that time checking the web to find the task ive just given you :)lol: cos im 100% sure you re clueless about what i just said..and that should be something to be converned) to do something good for you, which is informing yourself :)

ill be happy to know you ll end up knowing a lil bit more about yourself and your country, cos your ignorance is really a reflect of your bubble life inside a private neighbourhood outside the city in the middle of a golf court :) :bigwave:
:haha: Sure man, I challenge you to a general knowledge test whenever you want. Idiot.

·
Registered
29,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 144 Posts