Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Sunrise in the Miami thread - just in case.

GOOD LUCK IN QUALIFYING NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good play! :bounce:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well sadness - Nico isn't in the qualifying draw for Sunrise.

So he would have to get into the regular draw.

QUALIFYING DRAW

Benjamin Becker GER [1] vs. Frédéric Niemeyer CAN
Lukas Dlouhy CZE vs. Jose De Armas VEN
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. George Bastl SUI [WC]
Nicolas Todero ARG vs. Lukas Lacko SVK [6]

Teimuraz Gabashvili RUS [2] vs. Carlos Gomez Diaz ARG [WC]
Pavel Chekhov RUS vs. Harel Levy ISR
Christian Blocker GER [WC] vs. Alex Bogomolov Jr. USA
Jan Hernych CZE vs. Yeu-Tzuoo Wang TPE [7]

Yen-Hsun Lu TPE [3] vs. Steven Kane USA [WC]
Peter Wessels NED vs. Andrew Lake USA [WC]
Ricardas Berankis LTU [WC] vs. Jesse Levine USA
Toshihide Matsui JPN vs. Dusan Vemic SRB [8]

Alun Jones AUS [4] vs. Jesse Huta Galung NED
Luka Gregorc SLO vs. Todd Widom USA
Benedikt Dorsch GER vs. Artem Sitak RUS
Fritz Wolmarans RSA vs. Stéphane Bohli SUI [5]

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and I'll call Sunrise if we don't see anything in the news or the web site by this afternoon. I should have Sunrise on my cell speed dial since I called them about every 1/2 hour last year. :eek: :rolls:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just found this on the Sunrise site....doesn't look like he'll get in. :sad: :sad:

http://www.sunrisetennis.com/home/pdf/2008/acceptance_list/2008_Player_acceptance_list.pdf

Wow...he's screwed big time points wise since he can't get in. :bigcry:

I don't know why he didn't sign up for Sunrise in the first place...he could have gotten in via the qualifying. :shrug: :sad: If he was still winning in IW, he wouldn't have gotten fined or anything for not going to Sunrise.

I'm still going to keep Sunrise in the thread title until the Main Draw comes out...hoping for a miracle here.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
:scratch:
I don't see where is the problem, he's on the alternate list so he signed up.
And Becker is the 1st seed in qualies whereas he was behind Nico on the alternate list, that means that maybe Nico is in the main draw. On one of the article that FFGC posted, it's written that Nico don't already know if he'll play Sunrise or not :shrug:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Maybe I'm reading it wrong. They have the players on the main draw list, but he's not on that - he is on the alternate list (which he had to have signed up for recently because he wasn't on the original entry list as an alternate), but he's not in the qualifing draw so he'd have to get into the main draw but I don't know if enough guys will drop out. I'm confusing myself so I'm probably confusing everyone else too. :rolls:

I'm going to call Sunrise around 11:00 my time - they should be in the office by then - and I'll see what they say.

·
Premium Member
7,298 Posts
the entry list is from february the 25th I think, so I think there were a lot of withdrawals since that time and now Nico is in the main draw since he's not in the qualifing draw (that's what I understood). But we have to wait if he really plays or if he withdraws (I hope not, he needs points to get in the main draw in Roland Garros)

yes that's the best way to have news :yeah:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of guys have dropped out. So keeping fingers crossed here.

That's why I'm so desperate for him to play - he needs the points to get into RG. I will enjoy RG without Nico and of course it's my dream to go to Paris, but I would love love love to see my favorite tennis player of all time on the clay of RG. It will be really sad to go all the way to Paris and not see him there. :sad: So I'm getting a bit anxious here. :scared: :lol:

Okay off to call Sunrise! Hoping it will be good news.

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BTW - does anyone know where Kid is today? She's not on here and she didn't reply to an email I sent her this morning. Maybe it's a holiday in Mexico?

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
and I'll call Sunrise if we don't see anything in the news or the web site by this afternoon. I should have Sunrise on my cell speed dial since I called them about every 1/2 hour last year. :eek: :rolls:
I remember and it was a lot of fun-But maybe they remember too and that's why they're not going to let him in this year :devil: :haha:

Fingers crossed he makes it in. :unsure:

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
No clue where Kid is-I hope all is ok with her. I suspect she'll be on in a little bit and laugh at us for worrying-again :rolls:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, St. Patrick's Day probably isn't a holiday in Mexico. :haha:

And she will laugh at us for worrying. :lol:

:eek: I hope the Sunrise people don't remember us calling every half an hour...they definitely won't let Nico in if they remember. :rolls:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:eek:

Sunrise must have remembered all the phone calls because they aren't answering their phone.

:rolls:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
BTW - does anyone know where Kid is today? She's not on here and she didn't reply to an email I sent her this morning. Maybe it's a holiday in Mexico?
Kid is having fun with her fave band in concert in Mexico city :cool:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ohhhh that's right - how could I forget? :lol:

Well at least we know she's safe. Thanks for the info Lovely. :hug:

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YEAY!!! NICO is playing at Sunrise! Ditto Paul and Fernando G!!!

Good grief, I hope Nico doesn't draw Fernando...I'll be sooo pissed at Fernando if he screws Nico out of his points when he doesn't need any points.

From the tournament director...

"Nicolas Massu is playing and is main draw Also playing from Chile is Paul Capdeville and Fernando Gonzalez.

Fernando Gonzalez got a wild card yesterday evening."

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
:woohoo: excellent news!!! Thanks Nicofan :)

I'm glad Fernando made it in too but hopefully they will be in opposite sides of the draw-there is always something to worry about :lol:

So we know where Kid is now-hope she is having a rockin' good time :rocker: :lol:

1 - 20 of 157 Posts